• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bird poop etching....just 1/4 the size of dime..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bird poop etching....just 1/4 the size of dime..

I have a 1/4 the size of a dime bird poop etching on the roof.The question is can I just use swirl-x ,and polish(ultimate)and quick wax on the small area.Or is it another way to correct this small area?I don't think I will need any compound.Thanks all in advance.

Re: bird poop etching....just 1/4 the size of dime..

Depending on how deep the etching is, you can start with those products. But if the etching is bad, you may have to move up to ScracthX 2.0 or even Ultimate Compound, then Ultimate Polish, and finish off with Quik Wax. If done properly, you will get great results, and to really even out the entire car, I would also quik wax the entire car.

Comment

Yep, start off by trying SwirlX and/or UP if you like, but I have a feeling you might need UC.

In which case, it would be UC, UP, then UW.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

i'm going to rewash the car this weekend and try the UC ,UP and UW on it ..will let all know how it came out.thanks

Comment

After you compound and polish, there will be no wax left on the surface. You will need to apply "full" wax like UW, NXT, not Quik Wax.

The purpose of Quik Wax is to refresh an already waxed surface.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');