• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using dish detergent to wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using dish detergent to wash

I always here that it is bad to use dish detergents like Dawn to wash your car because it removes the wash. I was wondering if it is a good idea to wash your car with it right before you put a new coat of wax on? I would appreciate any suggestions, THANKS

A better solution for cleaning paint is to use a product specifically designed for use on automotive paints, not a product designed to dissolve grease and oil on ceramic plates and coffee cups.

Try either Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, or ScratchX, then go to wax. It will make your car's paint look great and it's the intelligent approach to car care.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

In additon to what Mike has all ready stated, before I wax I like to use clay to remove any above surface contaminants. This makes the polishing and waxing stages much easier.

Comment

Hi jruesler.... Welcome to the forum.

Meguiar's car wash products will add to the luster of your car too, as they have special ingredients that condition the paint.
        r. b.

Comment

Just wanted to say Welcome!

One more thing.... Car wash soaps add some lubrication to your wash mitt and help prevent scratches my favorite is Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner. Not sure down will really do that.

Mike Phillips suggested Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, I like the cleaner easy on the paint and it does a very good job when my paint needs a light cleaning that is the one I reach for.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');