• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice For Cleaning Leather Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice For Cleaning Leather Seats

Hi all,

All I have at the moment is an old bottle of Meguiar's Medallion Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, plus a tiny bit of leather care products made by Tannery. The Meguiar's product (in the bottle) looks as good now as it did years ago, but I was wondering if there is something better on the market. I'm tempted to go with the Tannery line, but I wanted some input from you all first.
    r. b.

Re: Need Advice For Cleaning Leather Seats

My personal favorite leather care product is the gold class leather sealer system. I know some Autozone's carry it.

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Shoot, I forgot you mentioned Auto Zone (time was getting late), but I did find a bottle of Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner at Walmart.

The seats were not too bad, but look at what came off the leather steering wheel.

It's rather embarrassing to post such a sight, but it appears that steering wheels are the dirtiest part of any car interior.
      r. b.

Comment

Yeah you are right as well as the shift knob..
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Personally, I don't use leather dressings on steering wheels and gear knobs, since they leave the surface too slippery.

I just clean them with APC.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
            Personally, I don't use leather dressings on steering wheels and gear knobs, since they leave the surface too slippery.

I just clean them with APC.

APC? Is that safe for leather?

Gold Class Leather & Vinyl cleaner removed the shiny sheen which was giving the steering wheel a somewhat slippery feel. I haven't applied any leather conditioners yet.
            r. b.

Comment

I dilute it at 10:1 and no problems so far.

Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were applying the cleaner/conditioner to the steering wheel, not just the cleaner.

I haven't used that product before, but it sounds like that doesn't leave a slippery / shiny surface.
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');