• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber cutting discs and backing plate, please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber cutting discs and backing plate, please advise

I posted in detailing 101 to get some help or feed back, didn't get much so looking here, I copy and pasted from there.

Now to get to my question,while I was cleaning the pad with the brush I notice the pad actually lifting up off the backing plate, I haven't had this issue prior and the pads aren't all that old in terms of use. I machine wash, and dry on delicate. Has anyone else had the problem of the pad lifting up off the backing plate? And yes I am using the correct backing plate. Also it seems easier to pull the pad off then it used to be? One other thing I noticed was the pad would almost like pinch or fold on the backing plate, and of course I didn't take any pictures.

Does the material on the backing plate get "worn out " ? And maybe that's what's happening? Any info or ideas would be great, just in case I do need to buy a new backing plate.

Re: Microfiber cutting discs and backing plate, please advise

It is possible you still have some from the original batch before they were redesigned with new adhesive. I wash mine by hand so I have never experienced this. I also have the newer ones with the new adhesive that came out a little later on.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I know what your talking about, the pad is not separating from the adhesive, the pad wants to almost fly off of the machine while cleaning, a part of the pad will lift completely up off the backing plate

Comment

j402el7,

Sorry to hear about your experience with these pads. I think it would help to get the specifics. Can you please give me a call at (800) 347-5700. If someone else answers the phone just let them know you are responding to my post on the forum and would like to speak with me directly.
        Brian Hann
        Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
        Meguiar's Inc.
        Irvine, California
        bhann@meguiars.com
        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

I just went through that on 2 of my cutting pad..and I only used them on 2 cars. Also they would fold on me on the edge.. I just order some but just waiting to arrive...
          Than means I also had a bad batch.

Comment

Thanks Brian, I will give you a call tomorrow.

Comment

I just want to say, Meguiars has the best customer service out there! Truely impressed, I appreciate the help !

Comment

Times 2 on that. U just don't see that kind of help and appreciation from company's anymore. It's nice to not only talk to an American, but someone who's not reading a script with predetermined answers from the computer. And someone who values u as a customer that if u threatens to cancel ur service with them they don't say go ahead like all these other huge companies do.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');