• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opti-Coat Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opti-Coat Pricing

When you quote a price for doing Opti-Coat does your price also include an interior detail or just the Prep and Opti-Coat install?

I just started offering Opti-Coat as a package and I was wondering if I should also include an interior detail for the price.

Thanks
    http://www.firstcoastautodetailing.com

Re: Opti-Coat Pricing

Good question...I was also going to jump into offering opti-coat too. Was wondering what the price range is, how long it usually takes, and what I should charge just for the prep and opti-coat?

Sorry, hope I wasn't diluting your thread at all... I figured its a similar topic.

Comment

Whether you include an interior detail or not is up to you. You should charge appropriately for your time. I don't use Opti-Coat, I use Gtechniq coating, very similar application though. Almost every paint coating I do is after a paint correction, so I usually add $250-$350 for the coating onto the price of the correction. You should be getting quite a bit of $$$ for a full paint correction plus a paint coating, and figure you're going to spend at least 15 hours on a car.

Figure out your "shop rate", take a good look at the car, do some test spots, then determine the amount of time it's going to take you to complete the job. Always give yourself some wiggle room too, issues always come up.
      Dr. Detail: I am the detail genius from the movie "Shine."
      Guard: And your name is...?
      Dr. Detail: Uhh... Shiney McShine.

Comment

For customers seeking OC, I break it down by: Exterior detail cost (depends on level of service) + my OC service fee

If you're doing an interior on top of OC, add it as a separate service. As an example, it might look like this:

Exterior detail including polishing ------$250
        Add on OC application-----------------$250
        Interior detail-------------------------$150
        Total---------------------------------$650
        -Mike

Comment

Thanks guys.
          http://www.firstcoastautodetailing.com

Comment

Now be sure to let them know it's OC 2.0 and NOT OptiCoat PRO. Big difference. And it's 350 for prime and application. If they want paint correction charge appropriately, don't be afraid.
            Help Eliminate CA Front Plate Law!

petitiononline.com/caplate/petition

Comment

Questions for the group:

How does the vehicle look after correction, and does the owner get any direction on aftercare?

As I posted elsewhere, I don't envision having this done for my vehicle.
              2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');