• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ultimate polish/scratch x 2.0 for brand new car fine swirl marks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultimate polish/scratch x 2.0 for brand new car fine swirl marks?

Hi everyone,

I just purchased my brand new corolla ascent sport metallic black last month, after a few washes, I noticed there are very fine swirl marks on the car, then i purchases DA power system together with ultimate compound, UP, liquid wax, clay bar kit and scratch x 2.0.

after reading the old posts on this forum, I see ppl suggested that abrasive polish might actually buff off the thin layer of clear coat @@, can anyone pls suggest the correct product that I should use for a new car? should I start with UP as it is the less aggressive product in removing fine swirls?

Thank you so much!!

Re: ultimate polish/scratch x 2.0 for brand new car fine swirl marks?

- First issue would be how are you washing the car. You want to be sure you aren't adding swirls, otherwise any fixing will just be a waste next time you wash.

- Yes, removing swirls/scratches will remove some clear coat. So not something to do every single day...

- As far as products, it doesn't really matter being new or not, still the same ideas. So yeah, give a try with the Ult. Polish to see if it helps. Probably will want the UC though...

And return the ScratchX 2.0 if you can... buy some UQW, soap, QID, etc with the money...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Agreed with Murr.

Though I would say hang on to the ScratchX 2.0. It's a good intermediate product between UC and UP in agressiveness (if needed).
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        - First issue would be how are you washing the car. You want to be sure you aren't adding swirls, otherwise any fixing will just be a waste next time you wash.

- Yes, removing swirls/scratches will remove some clear coat. So not something to do every single day...

- As far as products, it doesn't really matter being new or not, still the same ideas. So yeah, give a try with the Ult. Polish to see if it helps. Probably will want the UC though...

And return the ScratchX 2.0 if you can... buy some UQW, soap, QID, etc with the money...
        Thanks Murr! much appreciated, should I invest on a pressure gun for washing the car in order to avoid adding swirls to it?

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
          Agreed with Murr.

Though I would say hang on to the ScratchX 2.0. It's a good intermediate product between UC and UP in agressiveness (if needed).
          Thank you! and yes I would like to keep scratch x 2.0 cos I dont really wanna use UC unless its necessary, it seems to be too aggressive

Comment

No problem.

Where abouts in Sydney are you?
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

The nice thing with UC is that it is adjustable... less time/pressure makes it milder, more time/pressure makes it stronger.

As far as washing, we usually show folks this video first:

Learn how to wash a car in flawless condition and keep it that way. It's all in the technique. Anyone can do this with any car to keep it looking its best!...

Personally, I use a foam gun and a rinse bucket, rather than two buckets. But that's more preference than causing less swirls. A pressure washer would be the same, just preference. The soap, wash mitt, and drying towels usually do more damage, or safety.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree with both. Murr has a point in the flexibility if UC. I agree in returning scratchx and investing in some other products that Murr suggested. You should not need to UC all the time if you wash the car properly. A polish would be all you need. A future polish to consider is M205. It's more versatile than UP.

Don't forget to clay before you use anything.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by mccc View Post
                  Hi everyone,

I just purchased my brand new corolla ascent sport metallic black last month, after a few washes, I noticed there are very fine swirl marks on the car, then i purchases DA power system together with ultimate compound, UP, liquid wax, clay bar kit and scratch x 2.0.

after reading the old posts on this forum, I see ppl suggested that abrasive polish might actually buff off the thin layer of clear coat @@, can anyone pls suggest the correct product that I should use for a new car? should I start with UP as it is the less aggressive product in removing fine swirls?

Thank you so much!!
                  i know this is an old post but i figured i would add my 2 cents for the new readers, i found that those "light" swirls that come on the car arent that easy to get rid of. its not as easy as you might think, i have a black car and i use a da polisher. i found that scratchx is enough to make a big difference and will get rid of light swirls and scratches about 90% but you will still see them in direct sunlight. even ultimate compound didnt get rid of them in direct sunlight, i finially came to m101 on a microfiber pad using the machine on speed six and doing to section passes, as in using it two times on the same area with about six passes each time. this is the only method thats finally given me the look i want.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');