• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another "What do you think of my website?" thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another "What do you think of my website?" thread.

Spent the entire day building it. This is my first time attempting something like this. I always had a guy do it for me, but i think its time to get more control over it. Its still a work in progress so any tips and comments are welcome.

Sweat The Details - Home
    www.JaxDetails.com
    www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Re: Yet another "What do you think of my website?" thread.

Haven't had a huge look sorry, but the word 'gallery' in the heading on the main page is incorrectly spelt.

Comment

I like it so far. Especially good for a first time site. I think you have a good organization with your site, which is what I'm working on. I'm interested in what people think of mine as well. Please give your opinion on the layout, pricing, tips anything you think I could improve upon too. Thanks. http://autodetailingmn.wix.com/sfwdauto. I'm still working on it and will get a better domain name when I've got more of my things for the business ready.

Comment

Looks good for the most part. I would probably remove the "Detailing like a Boss" picture on the menu page - a bit unprofessional IMO. Love the side by side before and after pics. Really showcases what can be accomplished with some nasty interiors , great work BTW. I get customer all the time who see what I have been able to do, and called me for their vehicles. I'd call you up!
        Mike Sommer
        FirehouseDetail.com
        Facebook.com/FirehouseMobileDetail

Comment

On some pages you refer to your business in the first person singular (I Started detailing cars 5 years ago...), on other pages you use 3rd person plural (We cannot take on responsibility for aftermarket equipment...) I would recommend using 3rd person plural throughout. Appears more professional and I think it will give your potential clients a sense of confidence. I would lose the disclaimer, or at least consider not publishing it on your website. Most of your client base will have newer vehicles anyway. The disclaimer might put unnecessary doubt into the minds of clients that something could happen to their newer car as well. I would only break out the disclaimer as needed, after a client contacts you and reveals he or she has an older vehicle. Finally, your disclaimer identifies your company as Dents and Details, so if you keep it, you might want to edit that.

Other than that, I think you made a strong effort. Your website is easy to navigate, the before and after photos make good use of fade transitions and really show good dramatic differences. Prices and services are fair and well articulated. Good luck!

Comment

Great recommendations. I did fix the Gallery misspell. I took down the detailing like a boss pic. I think i will take down the disclaimer and may start using the royal we when speaking about the busines. Thanks every one.
            www.JaxDetails.com

Comment

Originally posted by SweatTheDetails View Post
              Spent the entire day building it. This is my first time attempting something like this. I always had a guy do it for me, but i think its time to get more control over it. Its still a work in progress so any tips and comments are welcome.

Sweat The Details - Home
              From someone coming from a non detailing or professional background your site looks very nice. Lots of nice pictures and lets face it, in todays times, customers want to see pics of what ever service or product they want to buy or they move on. Nice and easy to read pricing menu. Good luck.
              2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
              2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
              2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Well I've made lots of changes since I made this post so if anyone has a minute please let me know what you think.
                www.JaxDetails.com

Comment

The name of your site is what? I went to sweatthedetails.com & it's for sale.

Comment

lol yeah I had a chance to grab it when i first started but i thought I'll worry about a website later. So sombody else bought it and instead of doing anything with it they try to sell it. This is apparantly a whole racket of people who buy up every domain you can think of to try and make easy cash. The last time i checked they wanted some ridiculouse amount for it. So i keep an eye on the renewal date and sooner or later i will catch them with their pants down.

To see my site either click the link or type in JaxDetails.com
                    www.JaxDetails.com

Comment

Those before/after photos on the website are amazing

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');