• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello meguiars boys and girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello meguiars boys and girls

Here is my 2008 Gmc Sierra. Its been clay barred,cleaner waxed,ulimate compounded,scratchx'd and is now maintaned with gold car wash and #26.

Looking to see if there is anything more too do... #7?#21? with #26

Re: Hello meguiars boys and girls

Welcome. Great looking truck.

There are quite a few things you could do.

1. If you already have M26 on the truck you could use M7 and follow up with another coat of M26. The second coat of M26 will "lock" M7 as M7 will be removed after a few washes.

2. You could use ultimate polish or M205 for your next correction to give the truck more gloss than sctachx can offer.

3. You could do this as well on your next correction M205 > M21 > M7 > M26

4. With a DA, you could use M205 on a polishing pad, follow up with M205 on a finishing pad, then M21/M26. Michael Stoops pointed out that D302 on a finishing pad after using M205 works great as well.

It all depends on how much time you want to invest. If you don't already have a DA polisher then I highly recommend you get one.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post

1. If you already have M26 on the truck you could use M7 and follow up with another coat of M26. The second coat of M26 will "lock" M7 as M7 will be removed after a few washes.

2. You could use ultimate polish or M205 for your next correction to give the truck more gloss than sctachx can offer.

4. With a DA, you could use M205 on a polishing pad, follow up with M205 on a finishing pad, then M21/M26. Michael Stoops pointed out that D302 on a finishing pad after using M205 works great as well.

It all depends on how much time you want to invest. If you don't already have a DA polisher then I highly recommend you get one.

When the 7 goes over the 26 is it still a pain to get off? I usually get up real early in the morning so the panels are all cool. Wash the truck then pull it in the garage.

How often do you recommend the correction be done?

So dont do 7 then 21 then 26 now?

21 goes on before 7?

Comment

now I know where a glaze take it place in line.. Sealant then glaze then wax.thanks to you both for asking and answering a question I don't have to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by KIA HYBRID View Post
          now I know where a glaze take it place in line.. Sealant then glaze then wax.thanks to you both for asking and answering a question I don't have to ask.
          Im still confused.. I saw other threads where people said 7 then 21 and then 26..

Comment

Originally posted by Teezy View Post
            When the 7 goes over the 26 is it still a pain to get off? I usually get up real early in the morning so the panels are all cool. Wash the truck then pull it in the garage.

How often do you recommend the correction be done?

So dont do 7 then 21 then 26 now?

21 goes on before 7?
            As long as you apply M7 thin, then removal is not bad. Just be sure to have a few microfiber towels on hand and constantly flip them over to clean side when wiping M7 off. It's not uncommon to go around a car or truck twice to be sure it's been completely removed. The last time I used it a couple months ago I applied it thin and worked panel by panel. No need to let M7 haze as per the directions on the bottle. I applied and removed after about 1-2 min.

I typically use a synthetic wax (sealant) on my daily driver such as M21 or Ultimate Wax as I am looking for longer protection than what a carnauba can offer. This allows me to do a correction twice a year on my daily driver as it sits outside 24/7. So about every 6 months. By that time any synthetic wax has seen it's end of life. This of course varies by environment. I also maintain in between with M135 (pro version of ultimate quik detailer) and D156 (pro version of ultimate quik wax).

Although last time I was messing around and used UW topped with M7 and M26 and it came out great. M7 can go either before or after M21. I opted to apply it after UW the last time I used it to see how it looked. Plus I felt that M205 left me with enough gloss and I didn't want any more polishing oils in between UW and the paint. Not that it would do anything. I'm just being a little more OCD about not having too much polishing oils in between the paint and UW or M21. Not sure if this made sense.

It is always recommended to apply a synthetic first then topped with a carnauba. The reason for this is the carnauba would be the sacrificial barrier and the synthetic would be your final protection that has bonded to the paint. In theory you get the glossy look of a synthetic and the warm glow of a carnauba.

M26 has given you that warm glow. M21 may mute that look. It is also a waste of M21 because it won't last as long as it has not bonded to the paint surface. For now do M7 and M26 on the M26 that is on now. Then let M26 run it's course and apply M21/M26 next time.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

As long as you apply M7 thin, then removal is not bad. Just be sure to have a few microfiber towels on hand and constantly flip them over to clean side when wiping M7 off. It's not uncommon to go around a car or truck twice to be sure it's been completely removed. The last time I used it a couple months ago I applied it thin and worked panel by panel. No need to let M7 haze as per the directions on the bottle. I applied and removed after about 1-2 min.

I typically use a synthetic wax (sealant) on my daily driver such as M21 or Ultimate Wax as I am looking for longer protection than what a carnauba can offer. This allows me to do a correction twice a year on my daily driver as it sits outside 24/7. So about every 6 months. By that time any synthetic wax has seen it's end of life. This of course varies by environment. I also maintain in between with M135 (pro version of ultimate quik detailer) and D156 (pro version of ultimate quik wax).

Although last time I was messing around and used UW topped with M7 and M26 and it came out great. M7 can go either before or after M21. I opted to apply it after UW the last time I used it to see how it looked. Plus I felt that M205 left me with enough gloss and I didn't want any more polishing oils in between UW and the paint. Not that it would do anything. I'm just being a little more OCD about not having too much polishing oils in between the paint and UW or M21. Not sure if this made sense.

It is always recommended to apply a synthetic first then topped with a carnauba. The reason for this is the carnauba would be the sacrificial barrier and the synthetic would be your final protection that has bonded to the paint. In theory you get the glossy look of a synthetic and the warm glow of a carnauba.

M26 has given you that warm glow. M21 may mute that look. It is also a waste of M21 because it won't last as long as it has not bonded to the paint surface. For now do M7 and M26 on the M26 that is on now. Then let M26 run it's course and apply M21/M26 next time.
              Awesome information!! I will do the 7/26 this weekend!! Thank you!!

Do you not like the #34? or the difference M135 / D156

Comment

Does the m21 give the OMG look the 7 does under the 26?

Comment

Awesome information!! I will do the 7/26 this weekend!! Thank you!!

Do you not like the #34? or the difference M135 / D156
                  I have all three of these as well as D155 Last Touch. M34 is a QD that is body shop safe and is not hydrophobic. M34 can also be used as clay lube. M135 is a QD that gives you that just waxed look and enhances the wax in between washes. It is hydrophobic. Not sure if you have ever used ultimate quik detailer but it's the same thing just in a bulk version. M135 is not recommended for claying as it is too slick and may not allow the clay to pick up the surface contaminants. D155 Last Touch is similar to the the QD that comes in the clay kit. This can be used a QD or diluted for clay lube.

D156 is a synthetic spray wax. Same thing as ultimate quik wax. A great maintenance product that is durable.

Each has it's own purpose.

Does the m21 give the OMG look the 7 does under the 26?
                  M21 gives that nice glossy look. On black or dark colored vehicles, M21/M26 or UW/M26 gives that OMG look.

Here's the look of UW > M7 > M26 on my dad's 02 Camaro.

99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

When I read the title, I thought the Junkman had made his grand return to MOL! Lol.

As far as #7 goes, I love the stuff. I like the fact that it allows me to geek out as much as I feel like without worrying about getting too aggresive and removing any paint. Everyone says to apply by hand, but I go against the grain on that rule because I just can't see how uneven hand strokes could perform better than a machine. I use a LC Blue finesse pad on speed 3-4, put my headphones on, and slip into full on finesse mode. For me, #7 Show Car Glaze is the equivelent of giving a fine lady a slow sensual massage.. That's the kind of passion I'm talkin bout! Haha.

These are the results I get using Only #7 Show Car Glaze. No wax yet.. No nothing. Just the #7 baby

They say #7 has the ability to fill in swirls eh?

How bout them polishing oils? Can #7 provide wow factor? Yes indeed in can. Swirls have been 'finessed' away.

Here's what the polishing oils look like 50/50 overnite unprotected. Sort of cosmic.

Note* As far as 'locking' it in.. From my experience, at least when attempting to fill in such severe defects I've found that within a week, you'll be lucky to have 'locked in' about 75% of that perfection. But that's not too shabby considering how bad those swirls were. I would think the 'locked' in results would be far better on light swirls.

Bottom Line_ The label doesn't lie. Don't believe the hype that it's only good for single stage paint. It's not a PITA to remove either. Just follow the directions and dispense SPARINGLY. Work clean, and above all have fun!

Comment

If you've already fully corrected your paint, I would say yes, add #7 to your toybox and you might like the way it finishes compared to the current polish you're using. When I applied it to my parents midnight blue Trailblazer it made the paint noticably darker and better looking than the already good job UC had done. I think I paid $10. It's worth the fun of experimenting with it.

Comment

? HAhhaaaa... The Junk Man

Comment

I do own but havent used yet #7,#21,#135.

Can you put 26 on right after 7? or is there a cure time?

is the 135 better then the quik detailer?

Comment

I have all three of these as well as D155 Last Touch. M34 is a QD that is body shop safe and is not hydrophobic. M34 can also be used as clay lube. M135 is a QD that gives you that just waxed look and enhances the wax in between washes. It is hydrophobic. Not sure if you have ever used ultimate quik detailer but it's the same thing just in a bulk version. M135 is not recommended for claying as it is too slick and may not allow the clay to pick up the surface contaminants. D155 Last Touch is similar to the the QD that comes in the clay kit. This can be used a QD or diluted for clay lube.

D156 is a synthetic spray wax. Same thing as ultimate quik wax. A great maintenance product that is durable.

Each has it's own purpose.

M21 gives that nice glossy look. On black or dark colored vehicles, M21/M26 or UW/M26 gives that OMG look.

Here's the look of UW > M7 > M26 on my dad's 02 Camaro.

That looks awesome!!

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                            When I read the title, I thought the Junkman had made his grand return to MOL! Lol.

As far as #7 goes, I love the stuff. I like the fact that it allows me to geek out as much as I feel like without worrying about getting too aggresive and removing any paint. Everyone says to apply by hand, but I go against the grain on that rule because I just can't see how uneven hand strokes could perform better than a machine. I use a LC Blue finesse pad on speed 3-4, put my headphones on, and slip into full on finesse mode. For me, #7 Show Car Glaze is the equivelent of giving a fine lady a slow sensual massage.. That's the kind of passion I'm talkin bout! Haha.

These are the results I get using Only #7 Show Car Glaze. No wax yet.. No nothing. Just the #7 baby

They say #7 has the ability to fill in swirls eh?

How bout them polishing oils? Can #7 provide wow factor? Yes indeed in can. Swirls have been 'finessed' away.

Here's what the polishing oils look like 50/50 overnite unprotected. Sort of cosmic.

Note* As far as 'locking' it in.. From my experience, at least when attempting to fill in such severe defects I've found that within a week, you'll be lucky to have 'locked in' about 75% of that perfection. But that's not too shabby considering how bad those swirls were. I would think the 'locked' in results would be far better on light swirls.

Bottom Line_ The label doesn't lie. Don't believe the hype that it's only good for single stage paint. It's not a PITA to remove either. Just follow the directions and dispense SPARINGLY. Work clean, and above all have fun!

VERY NICE!!!

IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND!!

Comment

Thank you!

@Tim909. Junkman2008 is on this forum. He just hasn't posted in a very long time. He also has quite a few very informative and fun to watch vids regarding paint correction on youtube. He usually begins his vids by saying "Hello boys & girls" His vids are good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');