• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant

I was wondering if someone could tell me if this product contains any type of UV blocking agents? I just tried it this weekend, and I am absolutely in love with it!

Stay tuned for a raving review, and thanks to Meguiar's for another great product!
    Jeff

I think it does, I thought it said it did on the back of the bottle. I really like it too.

Edit: According to the product description, it does.

Comment

Re: Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant

Originally posted by JSM
      I was wondering if someone could tell me if this product contains any type of UV blocking agents? I just tried it this weekend, and I am absolutely in love with it!

Stay tuned for a raving review, and thanks to Meguiar's for another great product!

Check out this answer to a similar question...

Which protectant has the most sunscreen?

Originally posted by adreed24
      I know that the NXT line of products are the newest from Meguiar's, but I was curious about protectants (for vinyl and plastic).

Which of the Meguiar's protectants, taking all of them in consideration (not just NXT), has the most sunscreen/UV blocker?
      I spoke with one of our chemists about this and his reply was all Meguiar's protectant contain the appropriate amount of UV blockers for the surface they are intended to protect. Using a Meguiar's vinyl, rubber and plastic protectant will provide honest, reality-based protection, don't be fooled by products that try to equate ratings used for sunscreen lotions for your skin with ratings used for UV protection in a product formulated for your car. It's not the same technology. Sometimes you just have to put your trust in the name.

Typically the more important decision is whether you want a matte finish or shiny finish, or more cleaning or less cleaning. The choice in Meguiar's dressings/protectants is more about your preference for appearance than for protection because the protection is already built-in.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you both for the clarification on this great product.
        Jeff

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');