• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Water Spot Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Water Spot Removal

I've got a 2006 Toyota Tacoma red finish that I have maintained using Klasse All In One since new. Recently I noticed some water spots, and they are etched in unfortunately. I tried a good hand wash, then vinegar, then the Meguire's Clay Bar kit. Then I used Sonus SFX-1 with my Porter Cable dual action polisher. No appreciable improvement. I've moved on to Meguire's D-300 correction compound with some 6" Meguire's cutting pads - still have the spots. Really frustrated... defect removal is not my forte. Looking for tips on technique, or other steps I can take to get these spots out please. It's my first time with these cutting pads - maybe I'm not using them correctly...

Re: Bad Water Spot Removal

Actually I used 6" microfiber cutting discs with the D300, not pads...

Comment

Meguiars makes DC water spot removal. Or u can't try UC. I wouldn't start with the D300 and mf pad just yet. Remember start least agressive and work ur way up.

Comment

I can't edit my original post but I did also try a water spot removal chemical. I've already used D300 so if that didn't get it why would something less aggressive work? I question my technique, frankly.

Comment

I highly recommend you read this thread on the proper use of the microfiber system

Those etched water spots could be very deep and you may have to live with them.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');