escalade pricing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: escalade pricing?

Which wax where you originaly planning on using prior to overdelivering? Just the M21 after a wash? How about clay? I assume you didnt include it since you didnt mention it?
    How much time did you end up taking to do this Escalade?

Extreme Radiance Detailing gclark26's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k:557075
    Which wax where you originaly planning on using prior to overdelivering? Just the M21 after a wash? How about clay? I assume you didnt include it since you didnt mention it?
    How much time did you end up taking to do this Escalade?
    A few months have passed since i detailed the Escaladed and my memory is foggy.
    I do beleive i performed a clay bar step prior to polishing. I use a nano sponge when claying. I used M151 to polish followed by M21. The entire process lasted 15-18hrs. Customer got a good deal on price and his vehicle looked much better than before.
    As far as pricing goes, tack on 2 hrs to the price if you have established an hourly wage for yourself.
    I did a lot of goodwill on this detail. I hope it comes back in the spring.
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Gotcha. Thx for the reply as it always helps to find out how other folks are fairing when it comes to approaching similar situations and not having alot of real deal comparisons..

That being said, reading Mike Stoops' post regarding being time effecient while 'working on a detail' deffinetly raised the bar of expectations, [in a positive way] if 1 were to have that goal in mind... I'm just starting out into detailing other peoples cars for $ and I've been faced with noticing that anything to help with time efficiency would be a major mistake in overlooking. It's funny how some old habits that have been a big part of our passion and extraordinary technique can also hinder us by turning into major time guzzlers when working on someone elses car.. Especially if you wind up working more time than you had planned to charge for.

I'm sure everyone who's ever decided to transition from enthusiast to professional has faced those moments where they know some old habits must be changed up a bit for good business sense. Finding a good balance between being efficient without sacrificing your innital planned standards is where 1 hopes to land. Experience is key. As is Raising ones expectations and challenging yourself, keeping an open mind and learning as much as possible, the list goes on and on... I'm sure alot of you guys know exactly what I'm talking about because you're Meguiars kind of people.

Thx again for the reply. And best of luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information