• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pricing Structure Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing Structure Question

I am looking to get some basic pricing outlined so I don't have to constantly get back with people when they ask "How much?" Most people don't know what goes into it and there are several different options. I started to outline some packages but after about 30 minutes I had about 6 different packages with an endless array of options.

Can anyone offer some tips on putting some basic pricing together? I want it to be easy to read but allow me some flexibility based on the paint condition, etc. Thanks!

Easy way is what is ur time worth an hour? $30-$40 I think and estimate what they want by how many hours it should take u and that's what u charge. Until u go full time. Of course u don't tell them u charge by the hour just the total amount is what u give them.

Comment

Re: Pricing Structure Question

If you know how long it takes to get a specific job done, and you know what you want to get per hour, then you can simply work backwards. However, you also have to be aware of what you can expect to receive for your services in your given market.

Customers like packages, so you're on the right track there. You need to give them options to choose from and try to make it as clear as possible. Feel free to check out my website (link is in my signature) if you want some ideas. I've changed things around multiple times over the years, but I'm pretty happy with the way things are now. Ask any more questions if you're still a little stuck - a lot of great people in here and good luck with the business!
      Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Re: Pricing Structure Question

Awesome, thanks guys. I was thinking of going the hourly rate to start. I felt like $30.00 an hour was a good start, since I would still be considered a newbie for the most part. I did a new Explorer for a girl I work with and it took about 5-6 hours. I charged her $150.00 beforehand, so that comes to about $30.00 an hour. I am thinking for the time being, I will estimate how long it will take based on the size and paint condition, then multiply by $30.00 an hour and there is my quote.

Comment

I would say go more the $35 an hour to figure in the cost of materials for u to.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');