How often do I need to use "Light Wax" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do I need to use "Light Wax"

Re: How often do I need to use "Light Wax"

Thank you all, Greg and Michael for this great information, Yes, I do it all by hand. And after a while you get the grip. I will leave the car as it is now because I have used WW after 3 washes in row and last weekend I used NXT wax and the surface feels like a baby skin. I will use that UQW now between the washes and before the real winter starts somewhere in november I will do a full detail again inside the garage and it is protected again for a few months. Thanks a lot! It really made things "clear" now

Sounds like a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It sounds like you are doing this all by hand. Is that correct? If so I would not worry about you removing any clear coat. It will be so minimal especially doing it by hand. If it's by DA then that is a different story.

On to your waxing. You should not need to wax every other week. White wax alone should last you about 2-3 months unless your in a sever environment where it may last a month. Once you have applied your coat of wax then you can use ultimate quik wax in between washes until it's time to wax again. Synthetics like NXT or UW will last longer than a carnauba based wax (white wax, black wax, A12, M6, Gold Class, M26, colorx etc..). Now you can top off a cleaner wax with something longer lasting to get you something that lasts a little longer.

You can do this once or twice a year. If you don't have time then this is where a cleaner wax will come into play. I would leave your car as is for now and use UQW in between washes. Once your wax begins to reach it's end of life you can go over it with white wax again or a full correction. That is up to you and depends on how much time you have to invest. If you do a full correction UC or UP will strip off all the wax on the car now.
    Rytech:
    The Guz is giving you the best advice. You are overdoing it by far. Way too much polishing and waxing. Enjoy the ride.

Well, I have used last weekend the Ultimate Quick Wax spray after the wash and it's amazing how fast you're done. Now I can do this between the washes and once in 2 months I will do the full detail. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information