• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Soft Buff DA Foam Discs and Backing Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW! DA Foam Discs and Backing Plates

Couldn't pass up the deal on Auto Detailing Solutions. Picked up 3 cutting and 3 polishing. Skipped the black pad for now since I wax/seal with a 4" finishing pad. Hoping to use these within the next two weeks and give them a go.

Got the free hat which is good quality.

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Couldn't pass up the deal on Auto Detailing Solutions. Picked up 3 cutting and 3 polishing. Skipped the black pad for now since I wax/seal with a 4" finishing pad. Hoping to use these within the next two weeks and give them a go.

Enjoy! Make sure you take plenty of pics!! Waiting for your review.
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

* Jealous!! *
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post

Worth it for the hat alone!!

Comment

Can the new backing plate fit into my current Meg DA Polisher which is the older model ?

Comment

Ahh man, those new foam discs look like opening a great Christmas present. I'm jealous. I gotta get some

Comment

Originally posted by KY Gan View Post
                Can the new backing plate fit into my current Meg DA Polisher which is the older model ?
                Yes it will fit.

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                Ahh man, those new foam discs look like opening a great Christmas present. I'm jealous. I gotta get some
                You should get some. The hat is pretty sweet. Very good quality.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

I probably won't do the whole 6pk. at this moment as I've already planned on picking up a canopy, a 100ft. extention cord and possibly another purchase this black friday.. But I can at least fit in 1 or 2 of the Finishing Discs. On my last detail I applied M205 with a Black Foam Flat pad and it did a fine job of finishing up after D300 on black paint. I think I liked that process enough to make these new Foam Finishing Discs 1st in line on my wish list.

I'm also very excited about the new Ultimate Black Spray.. So much so that I've been using D4510 quite liberaly these past few days. Lol.
                  Also that New Car Smell Protectant will be a must have as soon as it's availiable.

Comment

lol I need to use up my D4510 as well. You can pre-order some of the new stuff through detailing.com. You can check the prices out as well to get an idea of what they will cost.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I've got my two sets (5" and 6") of Meguiar's DA foam discs and backing plates couple days ago. They look fantastic. I can't wait to take them for a spin, especially the new burgundy one.

Comment

Anyone try the Backing Plates yet? I cant find anyone with the 3 inch in stock for the next month. What makes them so much better?

Comment

The new backing plates are nice. The mark is already on them instead of one using a sharpie to put the mark on.

If you are in a hurry to pick up a 3" backing plate then get this one. If you want to wait for the Meguiar's one then it should be out soon.

3 Inch Dual Action Flexible Backing Plate - Perfectly sized for 3 inch foam pads. The 3 Inch DA Backing Plate is designed to offer perfect balance and support for 3 inch foam pads. The actual diameter is 2 7/8 inches, so the plate is recessed back ...
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Just ordered the new 6 pack of discs and bp, pretty excited!

Comment

How do the new Megs pad compare to the MF pads? Does it correct faster and finish better?

Comment

I think you'll find that MF pads still cut faster.

The discs would be somewhere in between foam and MF.
                                Originally posted by Blueline
                                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');