• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D143 vs. Wheel Brightener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, D140 is not a good tire cleaner at all. If you don't want to invest in another product, use dish soap & water and scrub with a tire brush. It won't work as quick as D143 or D108, but it will get them clean eventually.

Comment

Re: D143 vs. Wheel Brightener?

Thanks Eldorado2k,

As it turns out I have on order a gallon of D101 which I bought just to have an APC available. In one of my searches on this forum I found the attached YouTube where you'll see that the author feels, in his opinion, undiluted D101 is the 'perfect' tire cleaner. In this very well done video he qualifies what he means by 'perfect'. Anyway, I now have a potentially good tire cleaner.

Comment

Yea I've seen Roshans' vids.
        APC will work fine at 4:1 for most cases. 1:1 would be the most I'd have it at.. Reason being is the fumes of undilluted APC are quite harsh to be around.

I'd bet my life he'd never tried D108 at the time he filmed that vid. Lol

Comment

My 101 arrived and I have two spray bottles - one diluted 1:1 for tires and a second at 1:4 for APC. This stuff is pretty strong although not perfect. Of course Roshan used the stuff full strength. I'll continue on experimenting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
            Yea I've seen Roshans' vids.
            APC will work fine at 4:1 for most cases. 1:1 would be the most I'd have it at.. Reason being is the fumes of undilluted APC are quite harsh to be around.

I'd bet my life he'd never tried D108 at the time he filmed that vid. Lol
            This is why I wear nitrile gloves, safety glasses and a mask when cleaning wheels. Safety first.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');