• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailer Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used all of them... #00 to D-Line Hyper Wash.

In order of my preference...

1. Gold Class - Excellent lubrication with long-lasting suds. Very easy to find locally and very affordable at $10 / gallon at Target.
    2. NXT Shampoo - Good soap. Pretty good suds. Nice sheeting action. Easy to find and, again, affordable.
    3. Deep Crystal - Very good consumer soap. Long lasting suds, nice scent, and affordable.
    4. Soft Wash Gel - Only have used this one a few times but liked it okay. This one was on the same page as the Deep Crystal IMO.
    5. Hyper Wash - ULTRA CONCENTRATED (400 parts water to 1 part Hyper Wash). Very good shampoo for HIGH-VOLUME detailers or dealerships. Probably not the best choice for someone who doesn't own a way to 'precisely' measure for proper ratio. I've only used this product a couple of times (once at Meg's in Irvine on a Meguiar's Employee's SAAB back in April 2004). Nice suds, nice lubrication.
    6. Shampoo Plus - Just didn't work well for me and my water chemistry. Suds died quickly, not much lubrication. I kept wanting to add more soap as the ratio seemed too weak. I've used it 10 times now with only very minor variations in opinion.
    7. #62 - Just a bit too old school for my tastes. Decent lubrication but poor suds. My water chemistry may be influencing both SP and #62. Not sure.
    8. #00 - Soap-free and great as a clay lubricant. No longer a product I keep on my shelf.
    9. Quik Suds Strips - Uhh, well... good idea. Small footprint on a storage shelf. Average lubrication with so-so suds. Great fragrance though.

Gold Class, in my opinion with my particular water chemistry in this area, is, HANDS DOWN, my favorite and at $10 for a gallon at Target, it's a tough one to beat!

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Wow! RP, our results are REALLY different!!! As you know, I own all of the Meg's shampoos and soaps as well. I have been using a lot of SP lately and I am amazed at the large amount of suds! I was actaully complaining to my wife as I only added 1 gallon of water to my 5 gallon bucket and the suds were flowing over the top! I had to keep adding water with a ton of suds flowing down the driveway!

The differences in our water must be enormous! I will wash the truck tomorrow and I will take pictures/video of the SP and its suds! Like I said, we must have very different water.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
        Wow! RP, our results are REALLY different!!! As you know, I own all of the Meg's shampoos and soaps as well. I have been using a lot of SP lately and I am amazed at the large amount of suds! I was actaully complaining to my wife as I only added 1 gallon of water to my 5 gallon bucket and the suds were flowing over the top! I had to keep adding water with a ton of suds flowing down the driveway!

The differences in our water must be enormous! I will wash the truck tomorrow and I will take pictures/video of the SP and its suds! Like I said, we must have very different water.

Tim
        Must be Tim... That or I have a bad bottle. After a phone call in to customer service at Meg's, I'm not sure but this might be the very first product I've ever sent back under the guarantee.

I recall our conversations about this product and I totally trust your opinion... we just have different ones on this product but, again, mind you, my water can literally be chiseled off a painted surface after it dries.
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
          I had to keep adding water with a ton of suds flowing down the driveway!Tim

I take it that you have very soft water Tim.

Good thing you don't live in California.........The suds police would write you a ticket.
          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
            but, again, mind you, my water can literally be chiseled off a painted surface after it dries.
            Sounds like you have really hard water RP!

How many degrees of hardness is it?
            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper

I take it that you have very soft water Tim.

Good thing you don't live in California.........The suds police would write you a ticket.
              Luckily, it was mostly foam/suds!

I really have no idea why there is such a difference created by water hardness. I thought my water was actually hard, but from RP's comments about chiseling the water, his water must be REALLY hard!

I sense I will be doing a giant soap comparo/review in the near future. Perhaps I should find out more about my water's hardness beforehand in order to prevent differing results.

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Here's an inexpensive test kit for testing water hardness.....

PetMountain is the best pet shop for all your pet's needs. We offer high-quality food, toys, treats, and pet supplies at competitive prices. Our pet experts can help you find the right products for your pet. Shop today and see why PetMountain is the best place to find pet products to keep your pet happy and healthy.
                r. b.

Comment

Can't wait for the SP pictures 2hotford, im worried now about SP, im a total suds freak. Im usign 4* regular wash now and I add alot of it I mean alot to get the suds I want it works well that way. Id go for hyper dressing but I don't wash nearly enough to use it to its full potential.

Comment

While we're on the topic of car wash soaps... has anyone found that hyper wash makes your hands tingle after use? I have the 1oz pump and use that for my 5 gallon bucket. I generally now use the wash brush for my own car so my hands stay dry with it, but the other day I washed two vehicles in a row using hyper wash and since they wern't anything special I used one of my wash mitts. After doing both my hands tingled for about a half hour. I've washed two cars end to end before and never recall this happening.

Just curious.
                    Later,
                    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');