• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frame off 1955 chevy light polish and coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame off 1955 chevy light polish and coating

Guys this is the 2nd car that I had to do a light polish on when I had the 2 days to get the 60 Vette polished along with this Amazing Big Block powered bad boy! (there's a video of it being delivered and it is just wicked sounding, might try to find it again and share?) It had been painted a couple months prior and was buttoning up everything and wanted me to do a quick polish and coating to Amp up the black and white paint as much as I could.

Not trying to take any credit on this amazing paint because it had already been wet sanded and buffed out but after a couple months it got the usually swirls and light scratches! So I just had to do a quick polish and decontaminate the paint twice before applying 2 coats of GTechniq's EXO.

Wished I would have got at least a couple before pic but around noon that day I was trying to finish up on the vette and had until 11:00 that night to be done and still had to wash/ polish and coat this beauty. I still don't know how I finished?

Anyway here's alot of great pics of the best car's to ever roll down the road!! And the sad part is I didn't get to enjoy polishing on it

After lightly polishing with the 3401 Flex M205 and with 3 polishing pads

Passenger side front fender, more or less was checking to make sure there wasn't any swirls in the finish.

Possible the most smoothest finish I've seen on a car and this one was built to hammer and drive on the open roads, no trailer queen here!

My helper, saved my butt, gained about an hour with his help! We just applied the first coat of EXO. Also my helper had to leave just after this picture and it was already 8:30 or 9:00 so I was going to make it before the 11:00 deadline!

The rest of these pics are with the second application of EXO.

Had to get me a selfie!

Thanks for looking, and sorry I didn't get any before pics but May have a white on Black 57' chevy convertible that got distinguished honors recently at a high class car show in ohio and if I do you can bet there will be plenty of before and after pics. LOL
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Re: Frame off 1955 chevy light polish and coating

Another nice job. It looks great.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Nicely done again!

Do you know any of the mechanical specs on this beauty? (Gotta love the side exiting exhausts!)

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        Another nice job. It looks great.
        Thanks Guz appreciate that!

Originally posted by Selectchoice View Post
        Nicely done again!

Do you know any of the mechanical specs on this beauty? (Gotta love the side exiting exhausts!)
        Thanks Select appreciate it. Unfortunately no, I didn't even get to enjoy polishing on it because of the time frame and wasn't sure I could do it that quick. I'm a Mustang Guy and love all old muscle cars but there's nothing like a 55' chevy to me for some reason! I would have loved to really have gotten to take the time to enjoy this one!

Did go back and found the video of start up and them unloading it out of the trailer, sounds awesome but I would have went with different mufflers. Here's the link.
        Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
        ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
        You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
        Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Cool cars are always fun to work on.

Nice work!
          -Bob
          NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');