• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastx a sucess on headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastx a sucess on headlights

I noticed the headlights on my dad's 02 Camaro Z28 developing some oxidation on them. These are aftermarket headlights that are just shy of a year old. The sun here in Southern California can take a toll on the plastic. Especially since his car is a daily driver and it sits outside 24/7. The lights are usually treated with a sealant when the car is polished and then D156 after every wash in between polishing sessions.

A couple of weeks ago after I washed it for him, I decided to give plastx a shot. I did not want to bust out the DA if I didn't need to. I applied plastx with a microfiber and then followed up with headlight protectant. It was only on the passenger side. I ended up polishing the driver side as well. These are the results.

Before. You can see some slight oxidation by the peg.

After

Another before shot

And after

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Re: Plastx a sucess on headlights

Took that fogginess right out, didn't it.

Comment

That's awesome. On my 00 impala do u know if they have a coating on it to where sanding won't help or if I do the whole treatment will it clear up? Looks like a coating to me that sanding won't help. IDE get u a pic but I'm on my iPhone. Maybe I can do it in the morning to show u exactly unless u know from ur experience. Thanks mike in advance.

Comment

Re: Plastx a sucess on headlights

Originally posted by Joe Dragon View Post
        Took that fogginess right out, didn't it.
        Yeah it sure did. I wanted to show what plastx can do.

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
        That's awesome. On my 00 impala do u know if they have a coating on it to where sanding won't help or if I do the whole treatment will it clear up? Looks like a coating to me that sanding won't help. IDE get u a pic but I'm on my iPhone. Maybe I can do it in the morning to show u exactly unless u know from ur experience. Thanks mike in advance.
        The headlights on an impala should have a coating since they are the typical polycarbonate plastic headlights. Post up a pic when you get a chance to see how yours look.

Have you tried anything on them?
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');