• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#83 1 galon =

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #83 1 galon =

How many cars can be done with a galon of #83? Im looking for a rough idea. Wanted to order some so Im wondering how long it would last in a Profesional detailers arsenal so I know if I should order several.

I've never tracked myself how many cars I detailed out of a gallon container. I know if a car's finish is in really bad condition and if I were going to do a multiple step process as outlined here using a rotary buffer for the first two steps, then I would use at least 16 ounce for the first step, (the heavy cleaning step), less for the second step, and even less for the third step. This would be for an average size car with swirls, scratches and oxidation.

Here's an example of an average sized car...

There's really not a set answer to your question as I'm sure you're aware because every car you do will be in a different state of condition with some requiring more work while others requiring less.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

so I know if I should order several
      It would last weeks in my shop, and I use #83 quite frequently.

Given the quick, 2 day, FREE shipping, I don't see a reason to have more than one gallon on hand...

BTW, we do 20-25 full details per week.

Jim
      If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Thank you for the replies..

Given the quick, 2 day, FREE shipping, I don't see a reason to have more than one gallon on hand...
        Yes, that would be a great deal if I still lived in the USA. Im in Europe now. So Im doing my own shipping arrangements and want to stock up, but not so much that the merchandise will go bad on me

Comment

Originally posted by Acenas
          Thank you for the replies..

Yes, that would be a great deal if I still lived in the USA. I'm in Europe now. So I'm doing my own shipping arrangements and want to stock up, but not so much that the merchandise will go bad on me
          Just to let you know, Meguiar's products have a shelf life of 3-5 years where we guarantee their performance as long as they don't freeze.

Best of luck...
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That seems amazing to me....16 oz. of product for ONE step??? I hope I never have a project that bad!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');