• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust stain on my wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust stain on my wheels

This has been a tough winter up here in New England. I wash my car by hand but only twice this winter. I have now noticed some rust staining on the alloy wheels of my '03 Camry V6. Regular brush washing has not removed it. Any ideas??

Do you have any pics of the damage? Without seeing the wheels, it's difficult to give you any suggestions as to what to use. One option would be to try something like NXT metal polysh. I have used "0000" steel wool as well with good results.

Comment

Forgot to ask, do you know if your wheels are clearcoated?

Comment

I know with the us version the rims on the camry are clear coated, I dont know about the ones in New England.

Comment

Hey,

My suggestion would be to use Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant. Apply with a piece of a 100% cotton Terry Towel. You will need to really work the products into the wheels. Most likely the OEM wheels are clear coated and will respond well to the above product!

Cheers!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');