• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bissell spot clean machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bissell spot clean machine

Does anyone use the Bissell spot clean machine?
    I normally use a steam cleaner but i have a detail coming that will need heavy cleaning. Its a work truck with 245k miles that's never been cleaned.
    The carpet and seats are layered with dirt. Sure i will vacuum everywhere but i think i will need suction to pull out ground in dirt when shampooing.
    What do you guys think?
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Re: Bissell spot clean machine

Honestly it'll work but it'll take a really long time. I just bought a bissell on Black Friday and cleaned my 99 Ford Explorer. For just the passenger seat alone I filled and emptied the containers at least 3 times. That's just for the seat. For the carpet I filled them another 3 times. Just for the front passenger carpet and seat I filled 6 times. If you have a tornador gun you can use that.

What at ive learned to do was blow out the interior. I have the metro sidekick so I'll blow out the interior AFTER I vaccum first. I've also used he blow out tool on the compressor. Or if you have the tornador you can use that.

I just dont don't think the bissle spot cleaner is powerful enough to **** up what the vaccum can't.

Comment

I use a wet/dry shop vac with a carpet cleaner. Helps pick up what the carpet cleaner don't. A lot of times I just use a spray bottle, spritz down the interior and vacuum it up with the shop vac. It's not great but it will remove caked up ****. And I feel the water makes the dirt more dense and helps the vac pick it up.

Comment

The bissel works great for the price but it will take forever. However, if you are a part time detailer I will recommend purchasing a hot water extractor like the mytee, also they have a few different ones ranging from $300 to 1500.

Comment

I have one and use it when things are too dirty for steam cleaning, but I don't think I have done it for anything as dirty as what you are describing. The worst I used it on was a Tahoe and they were dirty but not like work truck dirty. Just busy family dirty. I personally would vacuum and then use a shop vac with carpet cleaner and a carpet brush for a job like this. Like the other poster said, you will be dumping and refilling the Bissell a lot. I did a lot with that Tahoe.
          2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
          2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
          2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

I think you're better off saving the money and changing the technique. Those bissells have less suction than most decent shop vacs.

Here's what I suggest: Dry brush the interior and vacuum until ALL of the dry dirt is gone. When you get dirt wet, it sinks to the bottom and makes it harder to **** out. Then proceed with your regular carpet cleaning process.
            GO GREEN WASH N' WAX 119 Morton St Yuba City, CA 95991 (530) 301-5300
            http://www.yubacitydetailing.com http://www.google.com/+yubacitydetailing http://www.youtube.com/yubacitydetailing

Comment

Are you willing to take the seats out, and remove carpet?

That way after you've used vac and compressed air to blow as much out as possible then proceed to spray down with APC or a light cleaner of some sort, agitate with scrubbing brush or the tapping method and then use pressure washer to deep clean. Then use your little green machine and/or shop vac to extract as much water as possible, then hang and let air dry while you work on other things.

This is the only way I see and from experience with what you have to work with, if you really need to blow your customers mind with a almost new looking carpet or alot better then when he dropped off to you, it just depends on how much time your willing to spend and if you have it for a couple days and getting paid good.

Now if the truck as air bags in the seats, forget it! to dangerous and could be a costly mistake and your best bet would be to just go back to what a few had to say about shop vac's and compressed air along with alot of dry brushing!

Good luck and do you have any pics of the carpet and what condition t is in?

Same thing I had to do here several years ago on my ford ranger carpet, that had grease,oil and who knows what all in carpet fibers.

And as you can see I was using my little green machine 1425 pro heat I believe was the model? This is just after I had used purple power mixed 50/50 and soaked to let saturate for a while after I had scrubbed and agitated, then used my little machine to extract as much water as it could. I did have to spend more time even after the pressure wash to keep soaking the grease, oil stains and agitating with brush and the bissell chemicals with the heated solution. Best I could get with my skills and equipment at the time but made do with what I had and it come out alot better then it started.

And when finished I set/laid over saw horses out in the sun for several hours to fully dry. Didn't remove all but much better improvement. Hope this helped give some ideals!
              ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
              You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
              Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

I used hoover, and then I bought bissell. And here are my results:
                The Bissell Proheat 2x revolution also has a feature called clean shot which sprays the cleaning solution directly on the stains by pressing the foot pedal. While a little messy this certainly gives the Bissell a big advantage over the Hoover though I did not use the feature until after the first test. The final tally definitely showed the Bissell cleaned the carpet better, I personally did not like the Hoover smart washes automatic water dispensing and much prefer the Bissell's manual water trigger to dispense water. Mainly because when you try to go very slow on the Hoover like you should when cleaning tough stains it keeps switching back to dry mode automatically, you have to go forward fairly quickly to make sure the water is dispensed. Also I had quite a lot of trouble getting the power button to stay engaged with the Hoover smart wash so much so that I literally had to hold it down when testing the hose. I saw later when looking at reviews where other people had mentioned this that Hoover says the button has to be pressed on the lower left side in order to work.
                The Bissell pet pro also had a much better attachment set, mainly because of the extra two in one hand held unit and though the build quality on the Hoover was much better than the lower end Hoover Carpet Cleaners, it seemed just a little less sturdy than the Bissell. They have the exact same water capacity at one gallon which is decent but you will have to refill several times in a whole house cleaning on both units, which is the trade-off for them being so light.
                The Hoover also has a slightly shorter power cord at 22 feet to the Bissell's 25 feet, so while these machines represent a huge advancement in carpet cleaning technology and I would be proud to own either one, the Bissell Proheat 2x revolution pet Pro - is in my opinion an obviously better choice than the smart wash especially considering the retail prices are just about equal.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');