• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dust Inside Headlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Inside Headlight?

The outside of the headlight is pristine but it looks like some dust or dirt built up on the inside. I bought the car this way so I have no idea what caused it. Any ideas what

Re: Dust Inside Headlight?

What make of car?

Most headlights these days are a sealed unit, so nothing should be getting inside, unless maybe something happened when a globe was being replaced.

Have you ever replaced a globe? If not, I'd take it back to the dealer..
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

That's a known problem on Toyotas.

Comment

Sounds like there is a leak somewhere around the headlight.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Did you ever figure this out?
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

If there is a dust and dirt in there in it differently a leak somewhere around the headlight, if your headlight has never been on from the where to change the light bulb is.

you can do two things, first, take of an headlight heat up the seal that right in the middle between the light back housing and the lens and reseal with new seal or second, buy a new headlight T_T......

Comment

When i brought my gti in the summer, one of the lights was dull inside.

On checking, the bulb access cover had snapped and was letting dirt in.

I had a spare cover from the first gti.

I already had the bumper off for an intercooler replacement, so only took a min to take my light off.

I took the bulbs wiring and level motor out, then i filled it with uww shook it, let it soak and then rinsed it.

Dried it out.

Looks like new but on close inspection theres a few water spots inside not on the glass just on the mirrored reflector, but it's a trade off.

Soppose i could have used distilled water for final rinse.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');