• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Car Scent Protectant Review with Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car Scent Protectant Review with Photos

Here is my review on the new car scent protectant.

All photos taken with my iphone.

I purchased the bottle

This was applied on my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix. The dash is textured.

I started off by removing the remaining Natural Shine that was on the dash. I taped off and area to give a 50/50 of the appearance of New Car Scent Protectant. I applied the protectant using a foam applicator.

50/50 shots. As you can see this does darken the dash and has more gloss than Natural Shine.

Some after shots on various surfaces. I lightly buffed all surfaces after it sat for a few minutes.

Doh the finger got in the way.

Smooth and textured plastic

On vinyl

Now it does have the new car scent when I was spraying it onto the foam applicator. So you get that new car scent nostalgia. It's not a strong scent. At times the scent came off a little too much like a chemical scent. It reminded me of the scent of Mothers VLR's chemical scent at times but not as strong. After I applied it I did not notice the scent any longer. I will let it sit overnight and see if there is any lingering new car scent. To me the new car scent protectant does not resemble the scent that the new car scent air refresher odor eliminator has. I will post up how long it lasts as I will be leaving it as is with no wipe downs to get an accurate idea. I will also post up any glare issues. Although with the textured dash that has never been an issue even with Ultimate Protectant.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Re: New Car Scent Protectant Review with Photos

A quick follow up. There was no noticeable lingering new car scent. But it does look good.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ahh I was hoping for more of a scent.. It's too bad there isn't a new car scent quik interior detailer.

Autogeek sent me an email telling me this was on backorder after I had placed my order.

Comment

Quick update. It has been about 2 1/2 weeks and it is still holding up very well. I have noticed the gloss has dwindled down a little in this time frame.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I tried this out for the 1st time this past weekend on the Kia. In 18yrs of cleaning my own cars, this was the 1st time I ever used this type of protectant to wipedown the interior.[I've always used Leather Cleaner & Conditioner instead]
          I found that for this style of car it worked great. I liked how it darkened the vinyl and provided just the right ammount of shine. Smells great too! I'll continue using it on the Kia.

I sprayed onto a Supreme Shine Microfiber towel and applied. Here you can see the difference 50/50.

No need to knock it down as it looked and smelled great. Thumbs up to this new product.

Comment

Looks good. It does smell good coming out of the bottle. I am in agreement that applying it with a microfiber applicator is different than using a foam applicator.

On a side note, it looks like I am going to need to reapply it again. I noticed some areas where it's faded away. For me durability is about a month, with this being on my daily driver that sits outside 24/7.

Keep us posted on the durability you see on the Kia.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');