• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a product to polish black nylon plastic rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a product to polish black nylon plastic rims?

The rims are from my rc nitro truck, which originally came in chrome but i used paint stripper to remove the chrome because i wanted them all black.
    two of them came out great and have some shine to them but the other two are flat with no shine. im guessing i may have left the paint thinner on too long or rubbed to hard trying to remove the chrome, anyway i wanted to find out if there is a product i could use that would make these shine?
    I attached a photo of each, the right side is the good one.

thanks

Re: is there a product to polish black nylon plastic rims?

In my opinion, I think the best solution would be either to give all of the wheels a coat or two of clear, or something like Krylon Fusion Gloss Black. You could certainly apply some type of dressing, but the shine could be uneven compared to the already glossy wheels and you'd have the constant upkeep to have them all matching. I think a $5 can of paint might serve you much better.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');