• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Perfect Clarity Headlight Restoration Kit Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Perfect Clarity Headlight Restoration Kit Review

Well I had the opportunity to use this product. My brother and I were impressed when this was demoed at the 2015 New Product Line TNOG. My brother picked this up locally at Autozone. The price for the kit was $24.99 + tax.

The test subject was my brothers 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix headlights. I will be up front. He does need need new headlights as there is some issues internally with the lenses but the outside was starting to oxidize again. We both wanted to see what the kit could do to these headlights and buy him some time until he decides to get new ones.

Photos taken with my iphone.

Started off with the passenger side. I did both lights by hand which was very easy. Not a lot of pressure is needed. Basically let the scuff pad and abrasive liquid do the work for you.

I used some paper to mask off the area to avoid any overspray and additional clean up. For those that are not familiar, the lights on a 97-03 Grand Prix sit close to the bumper. It will be noticeable in the after photos.

The top of the lens has some oxidation build up.

Another angle.

This is after I had used the pad and abrasive liquid. Notice the frosted look.

This is after 1 coat of the coating.

This is after 2 coats.

Driver Side Before

The little cracks towards the bottom left are on the internal lens.

Another Before

Driver Side After. The bulb can now be seen. It's not perfect due to the damage on the inside but a much needed improvement.

We took it for a spin to pick up some dinner at night and he told me that his lights do look brighter.

Overall this product worked as advertised. It's as simple as you can get with a headlight kit. It's very easy to use and the results are great. Seeing the coating clear the headlights without any kind of compound after using the scuff pad is like magic right before your eyes. One other thing to add. Since these headlights are small on this car, I was still left with a lot of product in the bottles. I have about 75% of the coating left about 80% of the abrasive liquid left. Enough to do a couple more sets of lights.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Re: Another Perfect Clarity Headlight Restoration Kit Review

Great review The Guz! The headlights turned out very clear. It really does work amazingly well.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, I look forward to trying this out. I was at Walmart and noticed they had this for $14.99 (IIRC) and Paint protect as well for $9.XX.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
        Great review The Guz! The headlights turned out very clear. It really does work amazingly well.
        Thanks. It definitely does work great.

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
        Thanks for your feedback, I look forward to trying this out. I was at Walmart and noticed they had this for $14.99 (IIRC) and Paint protect as well for $9.XX.
        Good prices on both. You should definitely pick both up and give them a whirl.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I used this kit again on my uncles Nissan Frontier. The headlights are beat up on the inside and outside. They do need to be replaced but the kit did a great job on bringing them back to life. My dad was impressed seeing this kit in action.

Passenger 50/50

Driver 50/50

Full view

99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');