• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Protect 365 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paint Protect 365 review

It varies between every 1-2 weeks. I did do a lot more rinseless washes this time instead of the traditional 2 bucket.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      I take it you want to see this.
      Absolutely!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

In your experience, would you say rinseless washes strip away less wax per wash than traditional bucket washes? Or about the same?

Comment

I would think it would be the same maybe less with a rinselesss with the proper dilution. I did my part with the drought lol. I did purchase a foam cannon so that really lubricated the surface for when I did do a 2 bucket wash. My dad's car had the same combination and he got about 6-7 months with him washing it less frequently. I think it has to do where he parks his car at work and at home and where I park at work and at home because I do notice he has more contamination when I clay his car versus mine.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
            Seems like this product is not really aimed at the enthusiast market...
            I bought some because I just couldn't resist saying I had a bottle of it, lol. I think I will offer to try it out on my moms Rav 4. Although my dad does try to wax it for her once a year, I think he will be happy to hear there is a product out there that will last a year with out him having to wax it again. So, good for people like them. And he sure doesn't wash it once a week, but also doesn't go through car washes either.
            2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
            2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
            2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Hmm.. It seems that the adjectives revolutionary, innovative, unique or one of a kind are almost always bound with controversial or something to that effect. Ultimate Wax (particularly the liquid) is supposed to be a big leap forward in Megs wax line up but many were then plagued by streaking, difficulty of use, and even durability. However, I still plan get this paint protect as soon as it gets to our shores.

Comment

Seems like this product is not really aimed at the enthusiast market...
                I'm not sure if I agree (respectfully of course).

I enjoy this as a hobby and like giving my and my wife's car lots of attention. Having said that, I work in a light industrial part of town and when there's a light rain I now get perfectly formed little beads of water and dust that dry and leave spots on my car.

If this sheets more than beads, perhaps that would be the better thing. I bought a bottle and in a couple of weeks I plan to try it out. The ease of application could make this a winner for me.

Comment

Fair point. Let us know how it goes!
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Fair point. Let us know how it goes!
                    I'll be sure to share my experiences with the rest of the community.

Comment

I forgot to post these. This was back on 3/2/2015 when it rained over night. This is the morning after. This is the beading after 5 days of initial application back on 2/24/2015.

Got some rain today. Here is the beading of paint protect on the hood. I have not topped it with anything else or used any soap with wax on it. I've only used hyper wash and mostly D114. I originally applied it back on 2/24/2015. 42 days after application.

99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Does the paint still feel slick and smooth after washing? Beeding isn't the end all of test to show a products protection abilities, but on the other hand we all love our beeds.

Check this out from Hydro2, not to hijack but I was very impressed. It was still going strong as of last week on the top of the car, not so much the lower panels and doors.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                        "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

It's not as smooth after the initial application but still smooth. For me personally it tends to start to sheet rather than bead when I wash. The sheeting is a little slower as well.

I wanted to show that it has lasted at least a month. Some have claimed that it has failed within a month. So far it's still on the paint.

Hydro2 is a cool product. Great for a detailer who needs a quick detail.
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for the update Guz. The beading looks ok after 6 weeks.
                            I'd be interested to see what it looks like at the 2, 3, 4 month mark. That's if you can control yourself and not put anything else on it during that time! I know I probably couldn't!

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                              It's not as smooth after the initial application but still smooth. For me personally it tends to start to sheet rather than bead when I wash. The sheeting is a little slower as well.

I wanted to show that it has lasted at least a month. Some have claimed that it has failed within a month. So far it's still on the paint.

Hydro2 is a cool product. Great for a detailer who needs a quick detail.
                              Thanx for the info.

I am impressed with Hydro2, it lasted 5 months through a horrible winter for me.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                              "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Thanks for the update Guz. The beading looks ok after 6 weeks.
                                I'd be interested to see what it looks like at the 2, 3, 4 month mark. That's if you can control yourself and not put anything else on it during that time! I know I probably couldn't!
                                I almost hit it with D156 when I was using it as a drying aid. I caught myself lol. I have no problem letting it go to see how it looks as the weeks go by. The rain was heavy this time do the drops were fairly large. But so far it's still on the paint.

Originally posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
                                Thanx for the info.

I am impressed with Hydro2, it lasted 5 months through a horrible winter for me.
                                That pretty good and durable. Did you ever get PP365?
                                99 Grand Prix
                                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');