• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Protect 365 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paint Protect 365 review

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
    I almost hit it with D156 when I was using it as a drying aid. I caught myself lol. I have no problem letting it go to see how it looks as the weeks go by. The rain was heavy this time do the drops were fairly large. But so far it's still on the paint.

That pretty good and durable. Did you ever get PP365?
    I have it, but haven't tested it on a vehicle yet.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I just picked some up last week and used it on my white F150. It haven't seen wax in some time, I am curious to see how it holds up.
      2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
      1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
      1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
      1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
      1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Originally posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
        I have it, but haven't tested it on a vehicle yet.
        I am curious to hear your thoughts when you get to use it.

Originally posted by Scott's 62 View Post
        I just picked some up last week and used it on my white F150. It haven't seen wax in some time, I am curious to see how it holds up.
        Let us know how it works out for you.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I am still looking for this stuff. While I would not use this as a stand alone product, I would like to try it over UPW and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
            I am still looking for this stuff. While I would not use this as a stand alone product, I would like to try it over UPW and see what happens.
            I have seen it at every auto parts store I have been to in the past month...

Not sure that it is intended to be the top layer as that would degrade longevity and would negate the look of the UPW.

I would PP365 as the base and layer UPW on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
              I have seen it at every auto parts store I have been to in the past month...
              Not sure that it is intended to be the top layer as that would degrade longevity and would negate the look of the UPW.
              I would PP365 as the base and layer UPW on top of it.
              Interesting ..I thought it was supposed to be a final top layer. Hummmm. Not sure I would bother buying it if it is deigned to go under UPW. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

The Wally World near me doesn't have it either, but I would like to see how it works as a stand alone after the car has received a full paint prep. You figure Meguiar's designed it for the non-enthusiast who will never prep their paint so I wonder how it will work on a fully prepped surface.
                Don
                12/27/2015
                "Darth Camaro"
                2013 Camaro ... triple black
                323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Interesting ..I thought it was supposed to be a final top layer. Hummmm. Not sure I would bother buying it if it is deigned to go under UPW. Thanks for your reply.
                  It's designed to be used a stand alone product. Not to be used a s a topper for anything else. Could you do it? Sure. But then you would not get the full longevity of the product. We all know the gloss comes from the paint prep. Why bother topping it? It would be a waste to top it. By doing so you have changed the surface tension to that of the topper.

So with this PP365 just clay, polish and seal. Your maintenance would be a simple wash and dry. PP365 will not alter the paint in any form. Meaning it will not darken or add shine. If you want shine this is not the product for you. On a light colored car one will not notice.

Originally posted by Don View Post
                  The Wally World near me doesn't have it either, but I would like to see how it works as a stand alone after the car has received a full paint prep. You figure Meguiar's designed it for the non-enthusiast who will never prep their paint so I wonder how it will work on a fully prepped surface.
                  If you read my first post you will see that I fully prepped the hood of my car prior to using it. I even stripped the polishing oils from M205.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                    If you read my first post you will see that I fully prepped the hood of my car prior to using it. I even stripped the polishing oils from M205.

I forgot that part, it's been so long since I read it.
                    Don
                    12/27/2015
                    "Darth Camaro"
                    2013 Camaro ... triple black
                    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I've also had the chance to apply this new product on my re-painted red M5.

For what the price point is at,(7-10$) and the function that it offers, it is a really trick product worth using on a daily or car that sits out in the sun frequently.

AutoZone currently offers it at a discount of I think 8$, I would definitely have one in the garage. Pretty sure the bottle will last me an eternity too.

Good Job Meguiars

Comment

With this California drought the car has been getting more and more D114 rinseless washes. Not sure when the next full 2 bucket wash will be. So any beading shots will be delayed.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Got some rain today. The car has not been washed in 1 week. The last wash was a with D114.

It's officially been on this hood for 2 months.

99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

^^ Looking good.

But you'd have to wonder if that's the D114 producing that beading. From memory, your earlier pics of the PP365 (alone) beads were not as tight as that.
                            Originally posted by Blueline
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

It actually looked pretty good yesterday compared to when I hit it with water on a clean surface.

Could be but with all this talk about D114 not leaving anything behind I'm assuming it's the beading exhibited by 365. This would be more of a Stoops question for his technical expertise.
                              99 Grand Prix
                              02 Camaro SS

Comment

We got a good rain other day too and my truck had nice beads like that as well, I didn't get picks but it even beaded like that on dirty paint. I haven't given it a proper wash yet since I applied it.
                                2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                                1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                                1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
                                1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
                                1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');