• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Protect 365 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paint Protect 365 review

I meant how long will the darkening affect last.. I wasn't doubting the longevity of the product. I've seen similar results as far as that kind of darkening affect with other lsp's I've tried. But I've never been able to tell how long before it fades back to normal. My best guess is that it's caused by the carrier oils in the product, and once they evaporate from the surface, so does that deep darkening affect.. But that's simply a guess.

Btw, I can't seem to access the link to your vid. I see it through the app view, but can't click it. And don't see it at all through mobile web or full site view via iphone.

Comment

The iPhone can't play anything with flash. It's embedded via a computer.

See if this link works for you.

Meguiar's Paint Protect application. Applying it as if it were a coating using a foam applicator.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Gave the pathfinder a bath yesterday. Didn't really sheet or bead off the hood. Water just kinda stuck.

So reapplied to the hood after washing. This time using same method Guz posted above. Seems to be working. I'll find out later today when it rains.

Hopefully next weekend the weather holds out and I can do some testing on the Mini Cooper.

Comment

It worked

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
            It worked
            Awesome.

Just one thing to note. I put a bead down the middle of the pad. I did that left handed which is not my natural hand. But it gets the idea across. That much product was enough to cover the entire fender. A little goes a long way.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Another detailer recommended this applicator for applying paint protect. It's available at Autozone and I must say it is better than the typical foam applicators.

Here's the package it comes in.

This is how much product I used to do 1/2 to 3/4's of the roof. A little goes a long way.

99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

That looks interesting^

Comment

Interesting indeed.

But it doesn't look that great for getting into nooks & crannies. How did you find it in that regard Mike?
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

It's pretty flexible. I'll post a photo later as I finish things up here.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Last week whilst playing in the garage I TW coated my trunk lid (boot lid for all of our UK/AUS friends, er mates!) Afterwards I applied Paint Protect 365 to the left hand side of the trunk. I eye balled the trunk lid backup camera lens for center and did not use tape to separate the two sides.

Yesterday my vehicle got rained on. I snapped a quick pic of the trunk lid. I noticed the beading on the PP 365 side was far tighter than the right side.

I plan on leaving the trunk lid alone this winter, just washing it. This means no further spray wax, wax, rinseless wash with wax, detail spray, etc. until spring time. We'll see how this plays out.

BTW: Meguiar's, when are you coming out with a paint coating for the United States market?

Michael, my apologies for hijacking your thread. I meant to put this under the durability thread.
                      2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

^^ Nice, I'll be following this!
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                          Interesting indeed.

But it doesn't look that great for getting into nooks & crannies. How did you find it in that regard Mike?
                          Hope this gives you an idea of getting in the nooks and crannies.

Originally posted by paulcr39 View Post
                          Last week whilst playing in the garage I TW coated my trunk lid (boot lid for all of our UK/AUS friends, er mates!) Afterwards I applied Paint Protect 365 to the left hand side of the trunk. I eye balled the trunk lid backup camera lens for center and did not use tape to separate the two sides.

Yesterday my vehicle got rained on. I snapped a quick pic of the trunk lid. I noticed the beading on the PP 365 side was far tighter than the right side.

I plan on leaving the trunk lid alone this winter, just washing it. This means no further spray wax, wax, rinseless wash with wax, detail spray, etc. until spring time. We'll see how this plays out.

BTW: Meguiar's, when are you coming out with a paint coating for the United States market?

Michael, my apologies for hijacking your thread. I meant to put this under the durability thread.
                          Not a problem. The beading looks good. I am in agreement with the coating.
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Tonight when leaving the office I saw this. Car is parked facing south with the wind howling out of the west, right to left in the picture. Large beads from the TW coat and small beads from the PP 365. I noticed the wind had nearly cleared the downwind side but not the upwind side, interesting...
                            2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Originally posted by paulcr39 View Post
                              Tonight when leaving the office I saw this. Car is parked facing south with the wind howling out of the west, right to left in the picture. Large beads from the TW coat and small beads from the PP 365. I noticed the wind had nearly cleared the downwind side but not the upwind side, interesting...
                              Thanks for that - I like the PP365 side better!

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                                Hope this gives you an idea of getting in the nooks and crannies.

Thanks Guz

You're right, it does look pretty flexible..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');