Paint Protect 365 review - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Paint Protect 365 review

Re: Paint Protect 365 review

Another detailer recommended this applicator for applying paint protect. It's available at Autozone and I must say it is better than the typical foam applicators.

Here's the package it comes in.

This is how much product I used to do 1/2 to 3/4's of the roof. A little goes a long way.

That looks interesting^

Interesting indeed.

But it doesn't look that great for getting into nooks & crannies. How did you find it in that regard Mike?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

It's pretty flexible. I'll post a photo later as I finish things up here.

Last week whilst playing in the garage I TW coated my trunk lid (boot lid for all of our UK/AUS friends, er mates!) Afterwards I applied Paint Protect 365 to the left hand side of the trunk. I eye balled the trunk lid backup camera lens for center and did not use tape to separate the two sides.

Yesterday my vehicle got rained on. I snapped a quick pic of the trunk lid. I noticed the beading on the PP 365 side was far tighter than the right side.

I plan on leaving the trunk lid alone this winter, just washing it. This means no further spray wax, wax, rinseless wash with wax, detail spray, etc. until spring time. We'll see how this plays out.

BTW: Meguiar's, when are you coming out with a paint coating for the United States market?

Michael, my apologies for hijacking your thread. I meant to put this under the durability thread.
    2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

^^ Nice, I'll be following this!
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    Interesting indeed.

But it doesn't look that great for getting into nooks & crannies. How did you find it in that regard Mike?
    Hope this gives you an idea of getting in the nooks and crannies.

Quote Originally Posted by paulcr39 View Post
    Last week whilst playing in the garage I TW coated my trunk lid (boot lid for all of our UK/AUS friends, er mates!) Afterwards I applied Paint Protect 365 to the left hand side of the trunk. I eye balled the trunk lid backup camera lens for center and did not use tape to separate the two sides.

Yesterday my vehicle got rained on. I snapped a quick pic of the trunk lid. I noticed the beading on the PP 365 side was far tighter than the right side.

I plan on leaving the trunk lid alone this winter, just washing it. This means no further spray wax, wax, rinseless wash with wax, detail spray, etc. until spring time. We'll see how this plays out.

BTW: Meguiar's, when are you coming out with a paint coating for the United States market?

Michael, my apologies for hijacking your thread. I meant to put this under the durability thread.
    Not a problem. The beading looks good. I am in agreement with the coating.

Tonight when leaving the office I saw this. Car is parked facing south with the wind howling out of the west, right to left in the picture. Large beads from the TW coat and small beads from the PP 365. I noticed the wind had nearly cleared the downwind side but not the upwind side, interesting...
    2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by paulcr39 View Post
    Tonight when leaving the office I saw this. Car is parked facing south with the wind howling out of the west, right to left in the picture. Large beads from the TW coat and small beads from the PP 365. I noticed the wind had nearly cleared the downwind side but not the upwind side, interesting...
    Thanks for that - I like the PP365 side better!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Hope this gives you an idea of getting in the nooks and crannies.

Thanks Guz

You're right, it does look pretty flexible..

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information