• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

its all in the details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its all in the details

well I got to do my truck today so I gave it a gold class wash. Than the fun begain, I used #83 with a cutting pad on a rotery. I followed that with #82 on a finishing pad on a rotery. I than sprayed it down to get rid of the dust. I applied #81 on a finishing pad on a pc. than the nxt wax on a pc, removed with a ulitmate bonnet. (first time I used the bonnet, and if your not doing this you MUST try it.) #38 on trim,Endrance to the tires.
    and megs con glass cleaner. (great stuff, first time I got to use it, and as with most of megs stuff, this stuff smells awsome.) well heres some pics.

2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

That truck looks GREAT... There is nothing like black but that must have taken you a week! You can't get a much larger truck a PC is a must have for that thing!

Nice work!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks gb387,
      the good thing about doing the truck is it makes cars a breeze!
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Good Job 2000!

I've buffed out a few Suburban's in my life, they don't get much bigger than this!

Your results look flawless, and I noticed you like the M-9920 microfiber bonnets. I'll be showing these all day tomorrow at our Viper Detail Day.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks Mike,
          four things in todays detail are a result of this forum!
          I was introduced to #38 & #81 in this forum as well as the bonnets and the glass cleaner (which was worth the search to find it.)I have to say the knowledge I've gained for here has shown in my finished product so .....THANK ALL OF YOU for helping me!
          Last edited by 2000; Apr 9, 2004, 05:21 PM.
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

Hey man, that looks really good. Nothing like a nice BIG truck. It is alot of work to make it look that nice, but when its done it turns alot of heads.
            Great job
            2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
            AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
            1st Place-Best Overall Detail
            3rd Place-Best of Show
            March 26th, 2011

Comment

Great Work 2000

Next time tell your daughter to keep her eyes open

I also noticed that GM gave you the complimentary orange peel just like Ford gave me, awfully nice of them isn't it

Comment

Nice job 2000! Machine application, with the right products, in the right hands, equals a 1st class detail!
                r. b.

Comment

Hey 2000,

that thing looks badass dude!! I'm a big truck guy so that thing looks sharp!! Excellent work! May I ask what's that thing got for motorvation? Usually if they have the diesels, the badge is on there. I noticed yours doesn't have it so I'm only guessing it's one of the big blocks that Chevy offers?? I think there big blocks are 6.0L and a 8.1L Again, nice work man,,,,,deadman98

Comment

bri9801, I tried three different times to get here to sit still but she was more worried about helping wipe of the truck. she does help if you can believe that.

deadman98,
                    it is the stop at every other gas station 8.1. no really its not that bad for that size motor. wife would go for listening to a diesel on long trips.

thanks every one
                    2019 GMC Sierra
                    1500 AT4

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');