• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DA Thin Foam Discs Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New DA Thin Foam Discs Review

Thanks for the review and other related posts Guz, as you know, I just picked up a 6-pack or them and I'm dying to try them.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Re: New DA Thin Foam Discs Review

Just another follow up. Was doing a little experimentation today on the rear spoiler of my dad's 02 Camaro testing out a couple other polishes. Trying to figure out what polish works best. I ended up going back to good old M205. It's truly hard to beat.

I originally tried M205 on a new polishing foam disc after doing my initial testing with the other polishes. It did a decent job getting the paint looking better. I still saw some deeper defects. Instead of reaching for some compound I figured why not test out M205 on a burgundy cutting foam disc. I heard some things after listening to a recent podcast on hard vs clear paint and seeing what Kevin Brown has done with the new burgundy cutting disc. So I went ahead and did that. The car has hard paint.

In the end I followed up with D302 on a Lake Country foam finishing pad to hide any remaining RIDS and then sealed the area.

50/50 with just M205 on a burgundy foam cutting disc and IPA wipe to remove any polishing oils to see how well this combo performed. I will be going this route for a majority of the car.

99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');