• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

small ding in vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small ding in vehicle

I noticed there is a small ding on my vehicle. I was wondering if a auto body shop would be able to just bang it out. There's no paint damage. So they don't have to repair it. And wonder what they would charge.

Re: small ding in vehicle

There are vendors who travel to car dealers doing paintless dent removal. Dent Wizard, a national company, has a location in Western PA, but there are competent independents out there wherever demand exists.
    Stop at one of your local dealers and ask for a referral.
    Bill

Comment

Ok thank!

Comment

I second the Painless Dent Repair suggestion. I got to watch one of those guys work once on a hail-damaged car and it was like magic, you'd have never thought the car could be saved, but when he was done, it was perfect.

On a ding like you showed, it will take him longer to set up his equipment than it will to fix the dent.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I have picked up several of those on my DD that I would like to get rid of through paintless dent. Keep us updated on how it turns out. Mine looks like yours where any paint damage, if any an be reconditioned through compounding/polishing.
          2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
          2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
          2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

I have used a local paintless dent repair shop on several occasions with excellent results.

The first time I used them I was pleasantly surprised when the scuff mark that I thought was missing paint had been removed upon returning the vehicle - there was absolutely no evidence of the former damage to my 2 week old truck. Repair ran about $ 250 if I remember correctly but was worth every penny to me.

Comment

Here is the after picture of the ding removal.

Comment

Looks good. How much did the PDR run you?
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

It would of costed 159.00. But the guy gave me a 15% discount. I payed 135.15.

Comment

That's not bad.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

No it wasn't. And I will recommend him to anyone that is local.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');