• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to figure a quote on a detailing job....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to figure a quote on a detailing job....

Hey guys, I've been super busy lately promoting my detailing business and trying to get a customer base started. Anyway I had a guy contact me Tues night about doing a full complete interior and exterior detail on his custom peterbilt semi tractor. He wants "everything" done as well as all chrome and alum polished etc. Never done a semi tractor before and unsure of current condition of truck as he's over 2 hours away from me. So if I could get some input on how to figure pricing this job out that'd be awesome.

Where I'm located in small town Iowa no one will probably pay a big market big city on price. Anyway, below are attached my current price sheet along with a picture of this guys rig. Please see if you can help me out some here.

Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
    1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
    1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Where are you from? Your prices are too cheap that's why I am asking..

Comment

Re: trying to figure a quote on a detailing job....

A complete exterior and interior detail, the works, the full boat, the whole enchilada.....................for me that would be a 3 day job and between $1500-2000. If your full detail is 250 for a car and 300 for a suv/van, that semi is about 3 times the size so I would say $900.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I'm in north central iowa. This job I'm thinking will be in the 1500-2k range and I also agree its a full 3 day 40 hour job. I'm figuring 3 12 hour days plus a little. Just making sure my pricing wasn't out of line.
        Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
        1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
        1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
          I'm in north central iowa. This job I'm thinking will be in the 1500-2k range and I also agree its a full 3 day 40 hour job. I'm figuring 3 12 hour days plus a little. Just making sure my pricing wasn't out of line.
          Ok thought 1500-2000 was going to be high for your area.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
          "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Originally posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
            A complete exterior and interior detail, the works, the full boat, the whole enchilada.....................for me that would be a 3 day job and between $1500-2000. If your full detail is 250 for a car and 300 for a suv/van, that semi is about 3 times the size so I would say $900.
            At the least.
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"
            2013 Camaro ... triple black
            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

*Side note* Your prices look off.

A premium detail is $125. Exterior detail only ($80) + Interior detail only ($40) = $120

An ultimate premum detail is $250. Exterior ultimate premium ($140) + interior ultimate premium ($75) = $215

The bundled package doesn't appear to save the customer money. I suggest increasing the prices on the individual packages so the bundle is more attractive.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');