• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to this forum, not new to detailing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to this forum, not new to detailing.

The new MT300 is nice. I just used mine for the first time. I have seen the Flex PE-8. That's nice tool as well.

You can never have enough soap lol. Once you use up the gallon of shampoo plus give hyper wash a shot. I like it a little more than shampoo plus.

I agree with you on AP TID. I went back to using QID. You might want to consider Natural Shine. It will darken the interior a bit with not a lot of shine. I have a review on it with photos.

I also did one on the latest protectant which is the New Car Scent one. It darkens a bit more and it will add slightly more shine. My camera didn't do the best job picking up the lighting. I typically go over the areas and lightly buff to knock down the shine a little more and remove any excess product.

M135 and AP are pretty close to each other. They are both polymer detail sprays that will boost existing wax. I found M135 to be a little more hydrophobic than AP. Last Touch is good but it does not contain any hydrophobic properties. It's economical and a great clay lube. The benefit of M135 is that it can still be ok under the sun.

I usually use D143 on tires rather than APC as I find it to be a little stronger. There is a youtube video of D101 being used at full strength where the reviewer claims it to be a better tire cleaner than AP APC. You may want to play around with APC first. You could pick up a bottle of Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner as it is the OTC version of D143. Deep wheel cleaner is nice. It clings a little better than DUB wheel cleaner and it also changes color a little faster. But for $8 or $9 DUB wheel Cleaner is hard to beat. But since you are near the AP warehouse then that's hard to beat as well. If you ever get bored you can compare both to each other.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');