• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I fix faded plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I fix faded plastic?

My car has a plastic part near the windshield that is faded pretty bad - I put on ultimate protectant which makes it look a bit darker, but it doesn't last. I don't really want to have to order Blackwow... Suggestions?

Re: How do I fix faded plastic?

Try giving it a good cleaning with some all purpose cleaner prior to applying a protectant. You have ultimate black in the liquid version and the aerosol version. The aerosol version is more durable but requires a little more prep in terms of masking off the area. If you want another brand recommendation I would recommend Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant. It lasts months. Turtle Wax jet black black endura shine trim coating is nice. It's a black dyed product but it lasts months. Works good.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Also you can use solution finish.

Comment

I have used the Wolfgang, and it works really well. I think the key is to make sure that it is thoroughly cleaned with APC before you apply the protectant or sealant. A good clean surface will help the product to adhere better.

Comment

Would Simply Green be a good APC for this ?

Comment

If the part is easy to remove you can find some "made for plastic" spray paint and simply paint the part.
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"
            2013 Camaro ... triple black
            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post
              If you can afford it, pick up some D101 and the spray bottle for it. Simple Green is a little harsh.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post
                Don't get that on your paint. As stated, it's pretty harsh stuff. Maybe if you knew a good ratio to dilute it at?
                See Kevin's '03 PT Cruiser GT here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/477590

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');