• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Wax vs. Ulitmate Liquid Wax: how much time do you save, really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quik Wax vs. Ulitmate Liquid Wax: how much time do you save, really?

I've been thinking of using Ultimate Wash and Wax, but I'm being deterred by a few not so enthusiastic reviews.

So as an alternate (to waxing after a wash), folks here have recommended Ultimate Quik Wax. But I'm wondering--how much faster is it really? You have to rub it in with one towel, then buff it with another--is it really any quicker/easier than simply applying Ultimate Liquid Wax? And if its not quicker, I'd most likely be better off applying the ULW, and I'd be back at square one.

I've also heard people talk about "drying" with this. Is this something that you could spray on when the car is still wet, immediately after a wash--and then you would dry the car as you buffed the wax? Or did they mean something else?

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax vs. Ulitmate Liquid Wax: how much time do you save, really?

Ultimate wash & wax is a good soap. The wax in ultimate wash & wax is not meant to be a durable form of protection. It's meant to give you that freshly waxed look after a wash. Ultimate quik wax is more durable but not as durable as ultimate wax. Ultimate quik wax is a maintenance product. It is a booster for ultimate wax or any other wax. It will refresh your wax and extend the life of your wax. That is of course until your next waxing session. Ultimate liquid wax should last you somewhere between 4-6 months. There is no sense in applying it monthly. This is where ultimate quik wax comes into play.

If you are using it a drying aid you can spray it onto the vehicle while it is still wet. It's a good way to give you some sort of protection after a wash and while drying.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Agreed with guz. He hit the nail on the head. I just like to add that what I like to do is wax with ulw and till my next wax session my weekly washs ( as I try to keep them at that) I use the ultimate wash and wax soap and then dry with the ultimate quick wax. I think that combo is a great booster till my next wax. And then during the week I use ultimate detailer for maintainence.
      Although I'm just ow finally moving into the detailer lineup for bulk purposes

Comment

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax vs. Ulitmate Liquid Wax: how much time do you save, really?

yeah, if you use it while drying, no extra time, and better results.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

And should be no residue to remove either, if used while drying or after.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Agreed. The real time-saver with UQW is that you can dry and wax all in the one step.

It does take a little longer than drying alone (for me) but is much quicker than drying and THEN applying a wax/sealant.
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I wash with Ultimate wash and Wax. I used to just use Ultimate Quik Wax but fund it only lasted a month. So I switched to ULW and that lasts 3-6 months depending on rain. Whenever I use Quick Detailer to clean off a spot of bird dropping, sap or splash, I apply Ultimate Quik Wax in case the detailer wore down my ULW when it cleaned.

I find the application and buffing of ULW more work than Ultimate Quik Wax. Maybe 50% more work and time.

I have since moved to DA application but I wish I had known about the S3HP hand Grips for when I was applying ULW by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
                Agreed with guz. He hit the nail on the head. I just like to add that what I like to do is wax with ulw and till my next wax session my weekly washs ( as I try to keep them at that) I use the ultimate wash and wax soap and then dry with the ultimate quick wax. I think that combo is a great booster till my next wax. And then during the week I use ultimate detailer for maintainence.
                Although I'm just ow finally moving into the detailer lineup for bulk purposes
                Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax in the detailer line would be use in place of UQW?

Comment

Originally posted by KIA HYBRID View Post
                  Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax in the detailer line would be use in place of UQW?
                  That's correct, yes.

AKA D156.
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                    That's correct, yes.

AKA D156.
                    Probably my second favorite megs product i've come across. Great reflections from it.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
                      Probably my second favorite megs product i've come across. Great reflections from it.
                      I see the ground wet..did u use it as you dry car?or after?

Comment

That stance is killer. D156 is top notch and should be a staple in everyone's arsenal. Using it stand alone or a s a drying aid is a plus. I just used D150 over the weekend as a drying aid. Simple ad effective.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                          I just used D150 over the weekend as a drying aid. Simple ad effective.
                          Really? How did that go?

I thought D150 was more of a liquid wax (used for quick, production type environments) rather than a spray wax. I believe it's discontinued now too?

Comment

Originally posted by KIA HYBRID View Post
                            I see the ground wet..did u use it as you dry car?or after?
                            That was after using D114 as a rinseless. I used the D156 as a drying aid and went back over for a second application after the car was dry since I was getting ready for cars and coffee the next morning.

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                            That stance is killer. D156 is top notch and should be a staple in everyone's arsenal. Using it stand alone or a s a drying aid is a plus. I just used D150 over the weekend as a drying aid. Simple ad effective.
                            Thanks Guz
                            Agreed. It is my go to these days. Even using after a rinseless with D114 holds up great.

Ok, one more shot of the car... been whoring it out a bit much lately. Kinda shows the look of the D156 in this shot. More of a candy shell type of look to it than wax. Really made the blue pop out in the sun

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                              Really? How did that go?

I thought D150 was more of a liquid wax (used for quick, production type environments) rather than a spray wax. I believe it's discontinued now too?
                              You know what I meant
                              99 Grand Prix
                              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');