• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing headlights with what i've got.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing headlights with what i've got.

Hi,

I have both the DA power system with all three pads (cutting, polishing, and waxing) and a MT300, again with all three 5" pads, cutting, polishing and waxing)

I also have ultimate compound, ultimate polish and ultimate liquid wax.

I do not have the fine grit sandpaper but will get some.. I have a little dullness on the top of a headlight on a friends car.

Do i need to do anything other than just fine grit sand down and UP using my DA power system? as that pad is smaller?

If i can save $20 and use what I've already got then great, if not then i'll go get a proper kit... but just wondering if the kit provides anything more than what i've already got (apart from fine grit sandpaper)

1st time doing this, are there any good video's using a DA? all the ones i've seen on youtube are diy'ers with toothpaste and hand?

How bad are they?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Fixing headlights with what i've got.

Any photos?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Not too bad at all, just a little dulling at the top./

Comment

I would use some UC on them with a cutting pad. UP might not have enough cut. Then seal them with UW if that is what you have on hand.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            I would use some UC on them with a cutting pad. UP might not have enough cut. Then seal them with UW if that is what you have on hand.
            Cool so don't even bother with fine grit, given they're not all that bad ?

Comment

Only if you need to. Try UC first. If that doesn't with then you may want to try 1000 followed by 3000 like what comes in the headlight restoration kit. Or better yet the new perfect clarity headlight kit. Which is awesome by the way.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');