• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delay the dulling on plastic headlights ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay the dulling on plastic headlights ?

Is there anyway to delay the dulling on plastic headlights ?

Such as perhaps a coat of ULW.. What about claying the plastic lens, to remove anything that may slowly overtime attack the plastic? then a coat of ULW would that help ?

Re: Delay the dulling on plastic headlights ?

A coat of ULW would be fine. Do it on a regular basis and you should be able to keep them looking good. You could use headlight protectant which offers a little more protection than ULW. Apply it every 6-8 weeks and your lights should stay looking good. You may need to polish them every now and then. Perhaps with some plastx or some M205.

Have you considered adding a layer of x-pel? Works great by the way.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Guz, i've got ample amounts of ULW, so that should suffice for now... Every few weeks is no problem.. I seem to be QD'ing my car every single night, so every few weeks is no problem. lol

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      A coat of ULW would be fine. Do it on a regular basis and you should be able to keep them looking good. You could use headlight protectant which offers a little more protection than ULW. Apply it every 6-8 weeks and your lights should stay looking good. You may need to polish them every now and then. Perhaps with some plastx or some M205.

Have you considered adding a layer of x-pel? Works great by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        A coat of ULW would be fine. Do it on a regular basis and you should be able to keep them looking good. You may need to polish them every now and then. Perhaps with some plastx or some M205.

This is all I do, wax with the occasional polishing, my headlights have never had issues.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

This is why i love glass headlights.

A coat of wax should prevent fading.

Dull headlights put years on a car and make it look neglected..

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');