• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D101 vs neglected wheel wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D101 vs neglected wheel wells

After putting on new suspension and powder coating my brakes I figured the wheel wells needed a makeover too

Before:

After:

I need to snap a pic of the other side still. With the gas tank on that side it really shows off how clean it is.

Might even re-paint the wheel wells when the rear axle gets pulled out for coating.

Bad arse!!! Did u do it urself? Did u think about doing the rotors as well?? The center cap of course on the rotor. Or how bout the springs? Turned out great. Hopefully soon but I want to dive into powder coating Easton has made it so easy with its hotcoat system.amazing at how easy and the resultsofjust that little touch makes a huge difference.

Comment

Re: D101 vs neglected wheel wells

At first I thought you had painted the wheel well, but then I went back and re-read the title of the post -- That looks amazing! Was it all done by hand?
      Greg D.

2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Imperial Blue
      2008 Chevy Suburban LT - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
        Bad arse!!! Did u do it urself? Did u think about doing the rotors as well?? The center cap of course on the rotor. Or how bout the springs? Turned out great. Hopefully soon but I want to dive into powder coating Easton has made it so easy with its hotcoat system.amazing at how easy and the resultsofjust that little touch makes a huge difference.
        Just the calipers were done. Buddy of mine has been doing some work on the side so I dropped those off. Check out prismatic powders. We have played with a few different powders from different places and theirs is the nicest for finish quality.

You can't really coat springs. Powder coat is pretty brittle and can chip off easily if the part bends. And I don't see the point of applying it to the rotor or wheel bearing cap as those are wear items.

Originally posted by G_S_DB View Post
        At first I thought you had painted the wheel well, but then I went back and re-read the title of the post -- That looks amazing! Was it all done by hand?
        I may still repaint it. The body plugs are shot and the paint isn't there in some spots just from 160k of driving. Blame my OCD.
        All done by hand. Just D101 and various soft brushes to clean it up followed by rinsing it all out and having to clean the garage floor afterwards lol.

Comment

Looks Great!

Comment

Forgot to add the pic of the other side. Gas tank dressed as well

Comment

Nice attention to detail.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Mike! Ordering new body plugs this week and will probably drop everything from the rear of the car in the next couple months to send to the powder coater's and repaint the wheel wells.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');