• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am not allowed to post pictures. Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not allowed to post pictures. Why?

In the posting permissions listed at the bottom of the screen visible to me when I'm posting, it indicates that I may not post attachments. Why is this and what do I need to do to allow me to post attachments.

I have followed the processes documented by others on this forum and for whatever reason, I can't post a picture. I have pictures in the gallery adjusted to the proper size, etc but when I try to post them, nothing happens.

I read where, due to spammers, that new posters needed to have 30 posting before this features would be enabled. I now have over 30 yet it appears I am still not allowed to post pictures.

Any help (Michael et al) would be appreciated.

Re: I am not allowed to post pictures. Why?

Hmm... it should work. You've been here long enough and like you say, you have over 30 posts.

Have you tried just hosting them on a site like photobucket (or similar) and then copying the IMG tags into your post? That's what I do...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I been having that trouble to. I just copy the link from photobucket and paste it on here.

Comment

I was hoping to get some input/help from the forum moderators. For some reason my permissions are such that I am not allowed to post attachments.

Comment

Strange that you are having issues. Hopefully you get it resolved.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by dbssoccer View Post

In the posting permissions listed at the bottom of the screen visible to me when I'm posting, it indicates that I may not post attachments. Why is this and what do I need to do to allow me to post attachments.
            Michael Stoops can check and confirm but I think the way I originally set up the MOL forum was attachments were not allowed. The reason why is because it's kind of the lame way of sharing a pictures and over time as files become corrupted the picture disappear. Kind of like how people share pictures posted on Photobucket, over time, the pictures disappear because people delete old pictures to make room for new pictures. This leaves a trail of missing pictures all over the forum world.

The right way and the best way is to upload your pictures to a gallery somewhere, (including right here on the MOL forum because as a member you get free gallery space), and then instead of "attaching" your use the [IMG] image tags to "insert" a picture.

Like this,

I could be wrong but Michael can check and confirm.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

TTT

Bill

Comment

Success. Thanks to all.

I followed the various strings that explained how to post pictures but nothing worked. I believe this was because I was not yet at 30 posts. At this same time I noticed the note at the bottom that indicated I did not have permissions to add attachments. I assumed when I was allowed to add pictures this note would change. After reaching 30 posts I didn't attempt to add pictures in the describe manner as I was waiting for the note to change. I am assuming now, it won't change and is probably the same for everyone.

Bottom line, using a process outlined in one of the strings, I determined I now have permission to and have the knowledge to add pictures to my post. Mystery solved.

Here is a very ugly wheel.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');