• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D170 Hyper Dressing vs D171 Water Based Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D170 Hyper Dressing vs D171 Water Based Dressing

Both water based... Both can be diluted to lessen the gloss. Both highly rated.. Hyper twice the price though.

Has anyone tried both.. Is the hyper worth the extra price ? Thinking about adding one of these to my arsenal.

Re: D170 Hyper Dressing vs D171 Water Based Dressing

I wouldn't call my arsenal complete without Hyper D170... its my Wheel Well go to... and it is pretty darn durable at 1:4

Its great for engine compartment dressing and, as you mentioned, the level of shine it adds to be tires can be dialed up to your preference...

Don't even hesitate, get Hyper Dressing.

From what i understand D171 is made to be used interior and exterior, however its durability is much less....

I use D149 - QID for interior and consoles... so i have no need for it..

Im telling you D170 FTW!!
    Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
    OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
    2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

I like D171 on old dried out interiors, I have used it at full strength to bring dull dried out interior plastic and leather back to life and it is pretty durable on interior at full strength.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Is there any UV protection in it ?

Comment

D171 shines pretty good. D170 shines even more! I like shine, therefore I'd personally choose Hyper Dressing over the Water Based Dressing. I'm of the opinion that it lasts a tad bit longer as well.

If you're a 'matte guy' get D171.
          If you're more of a 'shine guy' get D170.

Comment

What is D171? It doesn't come up in a search on the Meguiars site. I use D170 cut 50% with water on the interior, and sometimes the engine compartment. For the exterior like tires and wells, its OK for a day at a car show but the stuff will wash off in the first rain. I tried D160 but never liked how it flowed out. Gave an orange peel appearance on anything I put it on. Now use a dressing sold at a car dealer supply place in South Carolina.

Comment

Hmm, you're right it doesn't show up on the site. It's not on Autogeek for purchase either. My best guess is that it might only be available in 5 gallon commercial size now.

I tried D170 under the hood this past weekend and it looks great.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');