• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to remove Stain Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to remove Stain Trim

i need some help removing paint from the rubber trims.

tried claying it didn't help. any help would be good.

Well what i would first try if you have it. Klasse AIO. just spread over the trim and it should disppear. If you dont have that take a mr clean magic eraser, wet it, and VERY LIGHTLY rub against the trim. Dont go hard over the trim or it might cause discoloration. After the eraser apply a dressing for protection and to fee the trim.

Greg
    Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

wow... doesn't look good. Just a thought if you have some vinyl/rubber cleaner and a small brush might be worth a try.

How did that happen?
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Yikes!!

I would try the #39 as was suggested. If that does not work, try a light solvent like WD-40 and gently saturate the rubber and then remove the solvent and hopefully the paint splatter. You need to be careful as any aggressive rubbing on the rubber trim may cause permenant scratches in the rubber.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

i was thinking magic earser or tar remover. with a toothbrush or something. does paint thinner effect the trim or the car paint?. i probably won't be able to attack this till next weekend. looks like this weekend is rainning

Comment

From what I understand the magic eraser is not for glossy surfaces so read the package if your rubber has some shine to it may dull it.

from http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrclean/tips.shtml#eraser
            * The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a highly effective cleaning tool. Test first on an inconspicuous spot with light pressure to see if surface may scratch or dull. Not recommended for use on surfaces that are polished/glossy, or on brushed, satin, dark, or faux finishes. Do not use with chlorine bleach.
            Last edited by gb387; May 26, 2005, 03:23 AM.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');