• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Pro C2000 Mild clay and the consumer smooth clay kit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Pro C2000 Mild clay and the consumer smooth clay kit ?

The consumer smooth clay kit is 160oz comes with a MF and small 16oz of QD for $18.99 at your local WM.

The C2000 Mild Clay from Autogeek is $27.50 for a 200mg of clay.

So what exactly is the difference ? The C2000 is considerably more expensive. Is there any reason ? Should i be going for that over the consumer smooth kit ?

I should add I have D155 at 1:1 to use as my lube, as well as a decent amount of the regular QD left, and a bunch of MF's, so i really wouldn't benefit from the extras bundled in with the consumer pack... More interested if the actual clay is any better in the pro line ?

Re: Difference between Pro C2000 Mild clay and the consumer smooth clay kit ?

The Pro Line Mild Clay is a bit stronger, meaning removing contaminants more easily.

not really sure if the price difference is worth it....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yeah exactly what Murr said. The white consumer clay is on the fine side while the pro clay is on the mild side. If your car is well maintained the white clay is all you need. If you just want to buy a clay bar by itself Clay Magic sells theirs individually. It's what I use. It's a little stronger than the white Megs one.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I too began thinking of how to maximize my purchase when deciding on which 1 to buy. I chose to go with the Mirror Glaze Clay over the consumer pack because I've got plenty of microfiber towels on hand, along with a lifetimes worth of clay lube [thx to D114]

40 extra grams of clay made my choice an easy 1. Plus this clay seems to have a tad bit more muscle behind it. It's lasting me quite a while as I still have a big chunk of virgin clay in the tub. I paid $24.50 for mine.

Comment

Good price. It's $29.99 in my area when it's in stock. Goes to show you how the price varies here in So. Cal.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yup, the Pep Boys near me had it on clearance.. It's just a tag on the shelf, so I asked the guy if they had any available in the back. He said that little tub had been back there for soo long and asked what the heck is it even for? I laughed and expalined it to him.. I was just happy they had it.

And thanks to my order totaling more than $40 worth of stuff, he threw in a car wash bucket free with my order! That bucket is now my dirty towel rinsing bucket, with a grit guard & D114 in it at all times.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');