• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Matte Finish Care Article Link Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Matte Finish Care Article Link Inside

I didn't know what area of the forum to put this in but this is a good article on maintaining a matte finish using Meguiar's products.

Pesky matte paint finishes undoubtedly look amazing, but they do have many things to watch out for when caring for it. This article will cover some great matte care tips directly from Meguiar's!
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Re: Meguiar's Matte Finish Care Article Link Inside

Good article - thanks for sharing!
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Interesting article. I always thought a light coat of a nonabrasive wax (not RUBBED in) would be OK, I guess not. At least you can use the Ultimate Twins (Detailer/Quik Wax) on them for some protection.
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I think the concern with waxing is that it can impart a shine to surfaces that are supposed to be matte.

That's why I'm surprised even UQW / UQD are ok for matte.

Doesn't really concern me though - I like everything shiny!!
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Actually D156 works quite well on a matte finish. My brothers Harley has matte wheels and I used it on them and it didn't alter the appearance of them.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

I agree with davey there. The more shine the better. Although some matte finishes are cool if done right. But I enjoy bringing out that shine too much to have a matte paint job. If I did I'de prob forget I had one and b out there for days trying to shine the thing up compounding the hell outta it! ?

Comment

I just had another thought. The articles says:

◾Traditional liquid or paste waxes should not be used
              I wonder if PP365 would be ok? It's not really a 'traditional' liquid wax, it has a very water-like consistency and is supposed to add no gloss or shine.

I'm willing to bet it would be ok, but has anyone tried it on matte finishes?

Comment

Guys,
                What about waxing matte striping? What would be a good product to use?

Comment

Originally posted by Bohdan View Post
                  Guys,
                  What about waxing matte striping? What would be a good product to use?
                  Any wax, except a cleaner wax would be fine. So something like UW, PP365 or UFF would be great.

Just be aware that they may impart a slight shine to the matte striping.

If that's an issue, some other manufacturers do make matte specific waxes which they claim do not impart any shine.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');