• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Microfiber correction system - poor perfomance, no defect removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DA Microfiber correction system - poor perfomance, no defect removal

First thing I will try now is Meguairs M105 on the Microfiber Cutting Discs. Hopefully that will give some more "cut" to it. I allready ordered the bottle (from UK, as it's not available in Germany...)
    So I'll be able to give you some more updates, soon.
    Yes, it is dual-action, but I'm sure it's just a matter of what compound/pad is used to get a somewhat OK-ish correction, even on hard paint.
    But thanks everyone for your input! I'm sure I'll be able to remove at least 80% of the defects with some more aggresive compound.
    Maybe I need to try the Xtra Cut Discs, too. But they aren't available in Germany neither... :/

Comment

Re: DA Microfiber correction system - poor perfomance, no defect removal

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
      My experiences with the MF pad system...

I have gotten really good defect removal on many different paint types, including hard clears with D300 and microfibers. I will say that I found the MF pad is only effective when cleaned frequently. I blow it clean with an an air gun after each pass. For best defect removal, I have to keep the fibers working for me and when they get matted down and are full of spent product and paint they don't do much of anything. It takes but a couple minutes to blow the pad clean and air works much better than a brush, IMO.

Other factors that can affect poor performance is arm speed and pressure. Slow and firm works best for me. The 4800 OPM range has been just fine for everything I've had to work on.

You might also wish to try using M105/204 with the pads.
      I agree with you on the speed. That OPM range is still the sweet spot even with the new MT300.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');