• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigid vacuum help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid vacuum help

Looking to get a more portable vacuum and I was wondering if anyone has used one like this.

Re: Rigid vacuum help

I've been using this vac for three years now. Regular filter cleanings ( every 3 cars ) and it keeps running strong. I do like the blower port too, works awesome for drying out around mirrors and cowlings! Get the Rigid Car Detailing Kit too - longer hose and a few different attachments ( LOVE the flexible crevice tool!!) , runs around $40 or so. I got two and run 20' hose, no noticeable loss of suction.

Mike
    Mike Sommer
    FirehouseDetail.com
    Facebook.com/FirehouseMobileDetail

Comment

Excellent vac! Ive had 2 since 2007. Really good suction and smaller to fit I n your vehicle. Definitely recommend cleaning out the filter with compressed air couple times a week.

Comment

I just bought the same vac a few months ago, the suction is AWESOME. I don't have the car kit yet, but I will get one. This is simply The Best vacuum I've ever had ... and it's relatively inexpensive.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

How much is it?
          I've actually used 1 for detailing before,but it wasn't mine. It works great and seems like it's built last.
          The only thing I thought it lacked was a brush attachment like I'm used to with my vacuum. Not sure if a soft brush attachment [boars hair soft] is availiable for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
            How much is it?
            I've actually used 1 for detailing before,but it wasn't mine. It works great and seems like it's built last.
            The only thing I thought it lacked was a brush attachment like I'm used to with my vacuum. Not sure if a soft brush attachment [boars hair soft] is availiable for it.
            Try here: $79.00 at Home Depot or Off Line-free shipping

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-...5yc1vZc2a7Z18g
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Thank you Sir. I'll add it to my wish list..

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                How much is it?
                I have the same vac in the OP, and I bought the attachment you are talking about at Wal Mart for around $12 if I remember correctly. It was a Shop Vac brand attachment but it fit right on the Rigid hose and works great!

Comment

I bought one about 4 months ago. Works great, also, it says it has a lifetime warranty. I got the Detailing accessories to go with it. The brush attachments and longer hose is awesome.

Overall, I think it was a great buy, it's warrantied forever. Its small, portable, but has plenty of power.

So if I were you, I would get it.

Comment

I've had this same vacuum for 2 years now. It works great!

Home depot sells the brush attachment, but it has plastic bristles. I found the small detailing attachments and adapters cheap on Amazon too.

Comment

Thank you for your input! I I'll be getting one then. I have shop vac now and the auction is good but it doesn't do good when picking up stones.

Comment

Got the Rigid vac along with the auto detailing kit. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by JG_Detailing View Post
                          Got the Rigid vac along with the auto detailing kit. Can't wait to try it out.
                          Let us know, I think you'll love it.
                          Don
                          12/27/2015
                          "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Is there an adapter to use with the auto detailing kit so u can use the wide attachment that comes with the rigid vac.

Comment

I have a vacuum cleaner that provides nice cleaning results but now i want to change it, This sounds interesting and i would definitely try this.
                              Black & Decker vh780 vacuum cleaner Best Online Deals

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');