• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigid vacuum help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rigid vacuum help

Ok so not too long after this conversation about vacs my own vacuum which I've been using for for a long time took a dump.. Well actually all I needed was some new bags for it. [I ran it till the bag exploded inside the vacuum. Lol] But instead of getting bags I went out and got myself one of these Ridgid Vacuums.
    [need bags/buys $100 shop vac instead. It's a sickness indeed. Lmao]

So I was going to buy the 1 mentioned here when I stumbled upon a offer I simply couldn't refuse.. The Bigger 1.
    I could either spend $80 + an extra $40 for the detail kit, or get the 6HP larger capacity vac which Includes the detail kit for only $100. Here are my thoughts after having it for a week..

1st of all JG, I'm pretty sure you know by now that there really isn't a way for you to use the 2.5" attachments that came with your vac with this so called great new hose... That alone was almost a dealbreaker for me. It's just plain idiotic for Ridgid to package all this in a box and have the customer find out the parts included aren't even compatible! Who thinks of that?? And why don't any of the reviews mention this fact? [I finally found 1 review from a person who brought this up.] But I've gotten over that gripe. I've actually gotten over that orange hose, IMO it's junk! Lol. [more on that later]

Here's the vacuum. It's big. Perfect size for a fixed location/shop. But almost too big to be mobile. The box bearly fit in the backseat of my Cadillac to bring it home. That's big. Lol.

I spent the 1st couple of days testing it out indoors on house carpet and fidling with the attachments and the 2 hoses. I experimented enough to find out that the suction provided by the orange hose was not quite as strong as the black 2.5" original hose.. IMO there's a significant loss in power. Also, the detailing attachments seem to have a much better & snugger fit when used with the 2.5" hose.
    They seem to slip off the orange hose quite frequently during use.
    The flexibility of the orange hose is sweet, but it's too bad Ridgid couldn't bring the whole thing together.

After testing it indoors and trying my best to remain optimistic, I was finally able to put it to work on an actual filthy interior 2 days ago. Honda Pilot, completely thrashed. I went straight with the 2.5" hose and the stiff bristled carpet brush vac attachment from the detail kit. Night & day difference between trying it on house carpet compared to a vehicle.

This vacuum worked so good I pretty much fell in love with that brush for the carpet. That brush is Gold!
    I wouldn't dare trust it's sister brush [the 1 w/gray bristles] on the dashboard though. It'd almost be crazy to try that brush on delicate parts such as woodgrain, etc.. It's great that my old trusty horsehair brush attachment hooks up perfectly to this hose and now has beast like suction thanks to this vac! I tried the supplied crevasse tool but chucked it in favor of my old 1 when it simply wouldn't fit all the way between the seats and the center console. I'm interested in buying the extra large crevice tool to use on large areas as the Claw attachment is already showing signs that it'll soon snap into pieces like many reviews state.

This is the 1st vacuum to ever scare my cat. Lol. Probably due to the strong gust of wind coming from the rear port. I wouldn't mind paying for the muffler, but I've read a few detailed reviews that have me thinking it slightly affects the suction power once it's on.

I wonder how much money this orange hose would fetch on the bay.. Such a great feel and flexibility to this hose, it's a shame it's a performance is flawed.

This vacuum is so hit & miss.
    It's almost too big to bring with you, but it's so powerful you don't want anything less..

The detail kit is included, but all I really care for is the carpet & upholstery brush, the adapter, and the Claw until it eventually breaks...

Lifetime warranty? Pfft. Yea right, I'd like to see Ridgid replace that claw attachment for all the people who complain about how cheap it's made. As with every single warranty on earth, Slim chance. From what I understand they warranty the motor and that's it. And it better not be your fault it messed up! Lol.

The great pro hose everyone raves about throttles the vacs suction power just enough for you to notice..

Once you attach that orange pro hose that came with the detail kit, all the 2.5" attachments that came standard become incompatible. Great thinking Ridgid!

The $12 wind diffuser should've been included for free.

The crevice tool is far from great. It's wrapped around in rubber to make it flexible, but it just ends up making it to thick around to be able to fit into tight spaces like a crevice tool should.

Even with all those things they managed to get wrong, it works pretty darn sweet at what it does right.

Sorry for the super long post, but I felt these details were lacking in every other review you'll find. Vac rant over.
    I've been meaning to call their 800# and hopefully they're nice people. We'll see

Comment

I have the same vac as Elderado 2k and I have to say this thing is a beast. Best vac I have ever owned.It will **** the pennies out of your cup holder from 50 paces. I do use the gray brush for my dash etc and the black brush for carpets although I would like to get a horsehair brush for dash etc now that ive been made aware they exist,but have had no ill effects with using the gray brush.Ive owned it over 2 years now and I allso got mine with the $40 free auto accessories kit. You cant go wrong with this unit,it is big but very powerful and I use all the attachments for it every time I use it. Well worth every penny.Now all I need is a MT300 and my detailing arsenal will be complete.
      2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad

Comment

I just cleaned out my vacuum and was impressed at how much dust & gunk was attached to the filter inside. It literally stunk like the smoke filled Honda Pilot I detailed. Lol.

It's about as big as a childs carseat with the hose & attachments all tucked away and weighs 22lbs. with an empty drum.

I used the 2.5" car nozzle attachment to vacuum my couch and it feels like it's never been vacuumed like this. You can even see the pleats from every stroke of the vacuum. Lol.

You can pick up the horsehair attachment at Sears. I've been using it for years and it works great. Hooks right up to the adapter

Comment

The one I have works great. It's a lot better then the one before. And it portable enough to that it doesn't take up a lot of room.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');