• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hose issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hose issues

What kind of hoses do you use when washing vehicles? Reason I ask is that I went through 2 hoses that blew a hole in them. The one was supposed to be kink free. But where it kinks all the time that's where it blew. The other one was not a kink free hose and it blew where it kinks all the time.

Re: hose issues

I have a black rubber goodyear hose. Seems to be working out just fine. Was recommended as being one of the best.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Where did you get it from?

Comment

I know the frustration! I use a "pro" grade no-kink from Lowes. It curls and will not kink, even if I get it caught around a tire. It's survived the heat and cold where I am for a couple of years now without signs of wear. It was more expensive, but typical cheap home garden hoses are a complete waste of time. Incidentally, I also use a nozzle that has multiple settings. I use "jet" and "shower" for the cars. Hope that helps!
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by JG_Detailing View Post
          Where did you get it from?
          Got it at Home Depot.

Continental ContiTech 5/8 in. Dia x 50 ft. Premium Commercial Grade Rubber Water Hose is Heavy duty, kink-resistant and durable. It resists abrasion and won't degrade in sun or frost, making it ideal for any small to medium-sized landscape job. Reinforced for high burst strength.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

In this day and age u have to spend more money for quality products. Since the insertion of made in China everything they make is pure garbage. If it's made in the USA u know u got a quality product. Now China's garbage does ok a quarter of the time. But it's def not built to last very long that's for sure. Unfortunately it's hard to find USA made products but if u can find it it will last u awhile.

Comment

I use a craftsman hose. Black rubber 5/8 inch. My hose at home is pressurized from April through October and is driven over with my wife's minivan at least 4 times a day. Made in USA and as I can attest it is a hard worker. Mine takes abuse daily and is at least 10 years old, if not older. If it breaks, I will take it back and they will give me a replacement at no charge. The 50 footers are on sale now for $25

Comment

I've heard people say all hoses aren't created equal.. But how exactly are typical garden hoses "a complete waste of time"?
                I've been using the same regular 50' garden hose for years and I can't find anything to complain about. It rolls up easy after each use and thats that.

Spray nozzles on the other hand... I'll never use a typical spray nozzle [i.e. cheapo trigger nozzle] Those things break, and when they do they have a great chance of flying out of your hand landing who knows where. I've had that happen to me.. I got very lucky I didn't land on the car. Never again will I go cheap on a nozzle.

Comment

Thanks! It did help. Gonna go buy that one.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');