• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interior trim care question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior trim care question

Hi,

I am wondering what is the best products to use to obtain an almost 100% matt surface, I am thinking natural shine, also does using a microfiber towel add shine to interior trim because that is the nature of microfibers to add shine? would I be better off using a cotton terry?, finally how often am I supposed apply interior dressings?

thanks

Re: interior trim care question

If you want the surface to look like it has nothing on it then use something like quik interior detailer. Not only will it clean but it will leave behind UV protection without altering the appearance of the surface. You also have the option to use Natural Shine which will darken the interior a little and have a slight sheen. M40 also comes to mind as something that will not alter the appearance as much.

I have never heard about microfiber adding shine. You can actually apply any with a microfiber. Doing so will actually knock the shine down.

With quik interior detailer I just use a microfiber and wipe the interior down. If I follow up with a protectant, which I usually do I will apply with a foam or microfiber applicator. If I find the surface to have too much sheen for my liking I will lightly buff with a microfiber.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

^^ Agree with Guz.

Comment

Scrubbing with a microfiber can burnish some interior surfaces as these towels can be abrasive, much more so than cotton toweling. I use 100% white cotton towels for my interior just for that reason.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

many thanks for your input, I was a bit confused because when you buy microfibers, they usually have written on them 'cleans and shines without using chemicals'....

so how often am I supposed to use quick interior detailer?, also does ultimate interior detailer produce a matt finish like quick interior detailer? would that be a better choice

Comment

Originally posted by Ron500 View Post
            many thanks for your input, I was a bit confused because when you buy microfibers, they usually have written on them 'cleans and shines without using chemicals'....

so how often am I supposed to use quick interior detailer?, also does ultimate interior detailer produce a matt finish like quick interior detailer? would that be a better choice
            Use the QID as often as you like or whenever the car gets dusty. I'm not positive, but alternating the QID and the Ult Int Detailer seems like it would give you on and off shine depending on which product you're using.
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"
            2013 Camaro ... triple black
            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by Ron500 View Post

Use it as often as you like. Ultimate Interior Detailer will give a satin finish with some sheen. PLay around with both and see which you like better.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

this is the right option then, however using too much would not produce build up, would this?

Comment

No it will not. Many use it weekly.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Give a couple sprays onto a folded towel and wipe clean.

Comment

Hi All

just to add, is it OK to wipe off any interior detailer with a water-damp towel?

is it better to let the detailer sit on the surface for a while before removing.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');