• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Press Liquid Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Press Liquid Wax

I am wondering if any of you using new Detailer line "X-Press Liquid Wax"?

1) How do you apply this?
    2) How do you compare this to NXT?

Please share your thought about X-Press Liquid Wax

Thanks
    03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Hi Toshi,

I never did Express Details in my detailing days, but I have used this product and sold quite a bit of it to car washes operations that offered Express Details.

The purpose of a product like this is to quickly add back some gloss and shine to a freshly washed car. It's not supposed to be a replacement for a full detail, let alone a normal coat of wax. It's about offering a customer an option after washing that will usually make their car look as though it's just been detailed while in reality it's only had a quick, thin coat of wax applied to the finish.

Our X-Press liquid wax actually works very well compared to it's competition. Not only that, when you purchase a gallon of our X-Press wax you get a gallon of wax, some of the other products I've seen when left to settle are about 50% wax and 50% solvents.

Also, our complete Detailer line is V.O.C. compliant in all of the U.S.

X-Press Liquid Wax

Meguiar's X-Press Liquid Wax uses a unique blend of wax and polymer agents to produce deep, rich gloss with lasting protection. This formula provides ease of application and instant wipe-off, making it the perfect choice for any production environment where Meguiar's quality results are as essential as speed & efficiency.

D-15001 1 gallon
    Ready to Use
    Application hand, orbital, DA or Rotary

Recommended replacement for Express Wax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically after washing a car, you can apply a thin coat of this and the wipe it off, the car doesn't have to be completely dry either.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

Thank you for quick reply and discription about X-Press Liquid Wax.
      When I looked at X-Press Wax, it was thin, just like NXT Booster Spray wax. I wasn't sure what's the main purpose for X-Press Liquid Wax for, and wasn't sure how to apply to painted surface.
      Also I thought it was too thin to use DA with pad, need to apply by hand with even applicater pad or yellow applicater pad.
      May be I can put X-Press Wax in spray bottle, and just spray to 8006 pad to use with DA?

Is this X-Press Liquid Wax for mainly maintainance purpose in between full detailing?
      03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

So am I correct in thinking that X-Press Liquid Wax is to be used in the same sort of way as NXT Booster Wax/Quick Wax. Spray on, wipe off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-T
          So am I correct in thinking that X-Press Liquid Wax is to be used in the same sort of way as NXT Booster Wax/Quick Wax. Spray on, wipe off.
          Yes except instead of spraying it directly onto the paint, you might like spraying it onto an applicator and then onto the paint to reduce overspray and give you control over product placement.

Here are two threads that discuss how to apply and remove Meguiar's spray waxes...

Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Application hand, orbital, DA or Rotary
            Even rotary application?
            r. b.

Comment

Hey RB,

X-Press Wax is to be applied by Hand, Orbital or DA polisher (I do not think Rotary but I will have to double check). It works very well, but *I* would not spray it; I would rather apply it to a foam applicator. It does wipe on/wipe off really easy!!!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim.
                r. b.

Comment

Hey RB,

I just checked. Unless Meguiar's has had a change made to the product recently, my gallon says: Hand, Orbital or DA Polisher.

I should also mention that it smells like bananas!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                    Hey RB,

I just checked. Unless Meguiar's has had a change made to the product recently, my gallon says: Hand, Orbital or DA Polisher.

I should also mention that it smells like bananas!

Tim
                    Thanks Tim........That makes sense.

It looks like Banana juice too.
                    r. b.

Comment

Thanks for the great information.

Comment

Would this be the same thing or close to the same thing as Quik Wax?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed
                          Would this be the same thing or close to the same thing as Quik Wax?

Tom
                          I don't know about whether or not they are the same thing as far as formula's go, but they are both thin waxes that can be sprayed on through a trigger sprayer

I'm going to guess that if you had a black car with a fresh coat of wax and after washing the car you sprayed on any of our spray-on waxes, the paint would look great and you will have added a little wax protection.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

kinda like Eagle One wax-as-u-dry ?
                            "always somethin"

Comment

Probably more like Eagle One Pro line Shake n Shine.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');